Creating Applique

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
TDolan

Creating Applique

Post by TDolan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Hello- I am wondering if I can take any embroidery PES file and turn part of it into applique. I tried taking the fill object of a design and turning it into applique position next to the color tab, but the object is still being filled with a fill stitch when I run the stitch simulator. It also doesnt give me the position or tack down stitching on the outline. How do I take part of a pre-made design and turn it into applique and also have it create the position and tack down stitches? Thank you!

Wilder

Re: Creating Applique

Post by Wilder » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Hello there! I would love to be able to help you. What software do you have? To complete your task, you would need editing software to edit the existing design by deleting the existing stitches. Then, you would need digitizing software to recreate the deleted area as an applique. You would might be able to do this with Essentials and StitchArtist 1. However, I am thinking you will get better results and be happier with Enthusiast so you can use the stitch editing tools.

Ranchlady

Re: Creating Applique

Post by Ranchlady » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:20 pm

I am trying to learn how to make an applique from an existing stitch design, as well. I just bought Enthusiast. Can you elaborate on how to create the 2 extra files? Do you just copy the original file & change the properties box & then "save" each of the two files? I cannot seem to find a Utube that speaks to creating applique files from a stitched design using Embrillance. I hope someone can help. Thanks.