Newbie questions here!

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
TxBri03

Newbie questions here!

Post by TxBri03 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:45 am

Hello all! I just picked up my first machine and I have been looking into software. I'm really green with all the terminology, mainly teaching myself through YouTube videos - so I had a comparison question. What is the difference between Essentials and Stichartist 1? I've found some information on both, but I seem to not be versed well enough in the embroidery speak to really understand the difference between the two.

My main purpose for buying my machine was to add cute little designs to my coffee cup cozies I crochet for trade shows. Little monogrammed circles, or some cutesy foods with cute faces - there are a lot of premade patterns out there but I'm also looking to try my hand at designing some myself. They're only going to be about 1-2" tall, and not too detailed, so I was wondering which of the software would be better for that usage?

Any help or information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Wilder

Re: Newbie questions here!

Post by Wilder » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Hello TxBri03. Since you are so new to embroidery, I would have to recommend Enthusiast or Essentials. They are both editing programs which when you start editing designs will help you when you are ready to digitize your own. Then, if I had to chose one or the other, I would have to choose Enthusiast. You will find the tools there will suit your needs for some time as you get familiar with digitizing. You can learn more about Enthusiast here:
http://embrilliance.com/products/enthusiast
Thanks!