Will it work with my Machine?

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Admin
Site Admin
Will it work with my Machine?

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 pm

That is always a great question when it comes to using a Mac with embroidery.
The first question is the file format. And to that, the answer is "YES" Embrilliance saves in formats that cover every machine on the market today.

Bernina owners note: Your machines are based on EXP and always have been. ART is your digitizing format and they also accept that, but even 180e owners used EXP. Because EXP does not have color information, there have been recent additional files created when saving EXP and the resulting group is called EXP+. Embrilliance reads and writes EXP+.

However, there are all kinds of other issues when dealing with embroidery machines on the Mac. This is why we wrote "Convert It, Mac" and it is a must-have for any Mac user. Take a closer look at it on MacEmb.com to see why.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will it work with my Machine?

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Sounds good, but if I manipulate a pattern in your software, and load it to a flash drive, will my Viking Diamond recognize it? I once spent a pleasant half hour talking to the head software man at Viking and when I let it slip that I was using Fusion on a Mac, he very abruptly told me, "I am not allowed to talk to you", and that ended it. That still stings. Thank you for any info, Barbara
Yes, it works on Diamonds. Just save to VP3. Cheers!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:45 pm

I installed the program, opened designs (and I can see they are on the flash drive) but they will not open on my machine. I asked my machine dealer but she knows nothing about Mac and her suggestion was to stick with a Windows program. That is not acceptable to me. Can you help me? Is there someone I can call and speak to? I am fairly literate with PCs and my Mac and my Janome. I just need some help with this software.

Thank you for listening and I appreciate any help you can provide.

Yours,
Donna
Your dealer still lives in the dark ages, but she is correct that Janome machines currently have a problem with Mac-written USB sticks. We solved this with Convert It, Mac. When dragging designs to the correct folder using CIM, the OSX-created 'hidden' files are removed. This allows the machine to behave as if the files were placed there by Windows.

Emily Monarch

Post by Emily Monarch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello,

I have a follow-up question. I would like to purchase only embrilliance essentials and not convert-it. Will I be able to put files on a usb and then transfer them to my Janome 10001? Is there still a problem with the OSX hidden files? It seemed like another post said that problem had been fixed. Thanks so much.

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 pm

We solved the 'hidden files' issue in both Convert It, Mac and Embrilliance Essentials.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

gmalydia

Post by gmalydia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm

If you solved the problem in Essentials please help me figure it out... I tried and my Janome still does not recognize it... I really don't want to buy CIM until I'm sure the programs ( EE & ET) are going to make me happy!!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:24 pm

The trick is not to 'Eject' the thumb drive from your Mac. Just take it out. Mac will complain, but just ignore it. If you eject the stick, Mac puts the pesky files back on. Not having a 10001 to play with, I can only add that some Janome machines require the designs to be in a specific folder on the stick. It might be as easy as that. Oh, and naturally make sure the files will fit your hoop. Cheers, -Brian