deleting a bx file from essentials

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Kat
deleting a bx file from essentials

Post by Kat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:45 pm

How do I delete a bx file using essentials without alpha tricks? Is there a font dialog box in essentials? I found a comment by Lisa about deleting which is included below.

Re: Font Limit?
by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:06 am

No, as EastWitch2 said, there is no limit, but your list of fonts can become a bit lengthy. The delete font button is found in the Import Font dialog box in case you were wondering how to do this.

LisaSewBubbles

Re: deleting a bx file from essentials

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:04 am

No, there is no font dialog in Essentials for removing the BX files.

When you add a BX file to the program, it creates a BL and a BF file with the same name. So if you want to remove a font you have added, you can search your computer for the filename.* and delete the BL and BF files. Just be careful to only delete the ones you don't want to have in the program anymore.

Hope this helps
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

Kat

Post by Kat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Lisa,
Thanks for your reply. I open finder on my macbook pro and try to search by typing in the upper right corner. Only bx files of the name come up. For instance I imported JD 428 5in . That is how it reads in the list generated in the alpha choice window. I tried putting a ".bl" after the alpha name with no luck. I just type in bl and get nothing.

How else would you search on an apple?

Is deleting easily something perhaps Brian could address in an update for Essentials.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 pm

On a Mac, the storage of imported items has to go in an Apple-approved place;
Use the Finder menu->Go and then put this in:

~/library/containers/com.britonleap.embrilliance/data/library/Application support/embrilliance/fonts/imported
You can copy/paste this or go to ~library and then drill down.

That will show you what's been imported. The names of the files would more likely match the name of the font as you choose it.

It is easier on Windows; open 'My Documents' or 'Documents' depending on which you have.
In there you will see Embrilliance/Fonts/Imported

We'll think about how to make a management utility for non AT owners.
Cheers,
-Brian

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Kat

Post by Kat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Thank you so much for addressing my question. It was easy to follow your directions to the bf and lf files and easy to delete. I like the freedom this gives me. Cool!