When design does not fit

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
encarna

When design does not fit

Post by encarna » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 am

The program I have downloaded, contrary to the demo one, does not show me measurements in red when the design does not fit in the hoop, so I have to keep on checking measures of the design against measures of the hoop by default. Why is this so?
Thank you

EastWitch2

Re: When design does not fit

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am

Hi encarna!

It sounds like you don't have the Status Bar checked so the dimensions of your hoop and of your design are not showing at the bottom of the working window when you have a design in it.

Click on View at the top of the open Working Window.
Then choose the first item in the drop down Menu called Toolbars and Windows.
Make sure that the Status Bar is checked in the side Menu or Click on Reset Windows and Toolbars and that should turn on the Status Bar that will appear at the bottom of the open Working Window.

When you bring in a design into the Working Window the dimensions of the hoop and the dimensions of the design will be show in the Status Bar at the bottom of the working window.

The design dimensions will be highlighted in red if the design is too large for the hoop size.

If you bring in a design that fits within the hoop size then the dimensions of the desgn will not be highlighted in red in the Status Bar at the bottom of the working window.

Let me know if this you!

EastWitch2

encarna

Post by encarna » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you for your reply. I did have the status bar checked in the view window. The dimensions of THE DESIGN were always showed. What happens is that if the design is bigger than the hoop, it does not highlight in red, therefore I have to check always by zooming if my design is fitting.

Something must be wrong in the program because I did not have this problem with the demo version.

Thank you

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Things you can check under Edit at the top of the open Working Window.
Choose Preferences in the drop down menu under Edit

Try these and see if any of these help.

1. Calibrate Screen - have you done this if not do it! ;)

2.Click on Hoops then set your design stitch format. (pes or Vip or what ever!)
Then under the Hoop Style on the right click on Normal and then click on the Default Button at the bottom under Hoop Styles then click okay.
Click out of or close Essentials
Then open Essentials again.

3. If you want to use a Normal Hoop for the working window choose a size that shows when Normal is checked under Hoop styles and then click okay.

Normally we choose a hoop size that most of our designs fit in or that we use most frequently for embroidering designs out on our machines.
If we want to embroider a larger design we would then go back in and set a different, larger hoop size in Preferences for the size of hoop we want to use or that the design fits in.

Try the design again in a hoops size that is too small for the design size and see if the design dimensions show up in the Status Bar highlighted in red now.

Also try a hoop size that the design should fit in and see if the dimensions show up in the Status Bar and are not highlighted in red.

If none of this works contact the Support Team at the link below and tell them what is happening.
Let them know the dimensions of the design that is too large for the hoop size and what hoop size is showing in the working window that is too small for the design and that the design dimensions are not highlighted in red on the Status Bar to show that the design is too large for the hoop size.
Let them know if you are using a Windows computer or a Mac computer.
http://embrilliance.com/contact-us

EastWitch2

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 am

There is an error in the latest version of the program which will be fixed in the next update. At least this is true in the Mac version. I contacted the company after the last update. They checked and verified the error and said that the fix is coming.
Betty

encarna

Post by encarna » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Thank you Betty. I will await then until the next update. Regards