Zipped files

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Nanasews

Zipped files

Post by Nanasews » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:27 am

Hello i am new here,i recently downloaded Embrilliance along with some addons.
i just downloaded some files from rivermill which are zipped,to my desktop then to my documents folder,
i also made a folder to keep these in,i seem a bit muddled now though, how to get them into embrilliance?
I have windows 7 home premium.64 bit
My sewing machine is janome 9700.
I use a card reader to transfer my designs to.
I really like this program,& have watched a few video's on how to use it. I do have another program which seems a little difficult to use,no names mentioned of course. :roll:
any help would be appreciated with thanks.
A stitch in time saves 9

EastWitch2

Re: Zipped files

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Nanasews

If you click on this link below and read Lisa's Tip on How to Merge Designs into Embriliance this shows you how to bring in a design or designs from a zipped file on your computer into the program.

Lisa also has a link to a Video to watch on Merging Designs at the bottom of this Merge Tip so make sure to click on that link and watch the Video.

Here is the link to Lisa's Tip.
http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=849

The Merge Designs Option allows you to see and select design/s within a zipped file on your computer in order to bring them into the Embrilliance software programs.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask them and we will try to help you.

EastWitch2

Nanasews

Post by Nanasews » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:59 am

Thank you Eastwitch2for the tips here,the free designs don't come in jef files though to download, so what to do with that task lol.Sorry a bit senior moment here
So my zipped files will open when i double click them/extract and go into a named file i choose right!
A stitch in time saves 9

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:24 am

Nanasews wrote:Thank you Eastwitch2for the tips here,the free designs don't come in jef files though to download, so what to do with that task lol.Sorry a bit senior moment here
So my zipped files will open when i double click them/extract and go into a named file i choose right!
If you want to unzip your files then yes you can extract them to a folder you made for them on your computer.

The nice thing about using Embrilliance and the Merge Stitch File Option in the Embrilliance software is that you really don't need to unzip the files first in order to see and select a design or multiple designs within the zip to bring into/import into the working window of the program.

The only time I have had to unzip or extract files from a zipped file is if there is a zip file or zipped files within the initial zipped file that I downloaded, then I would extract those zips within the zipped file in order to use the merge stitch file option.
Once I extract the zips within the zipped file I don't have to unzip each of those zip files as the program will then allow me to see and select the designs within those files and import them into the working window of the program.

If you do extract all the designs from a zip file to a folder on your computer then you would just choose the folder where the designs are when using the Merge Stitch File Option and choose the designs you want to bring into/import into the working window of the program

You can bring in a design in another machine deign format such as pes or vip or dst, etc. and work with it in the program and then all you do is save it to the format (jef) for your machine and this converts the design to your machine stitching format. Very Easy!

EastWitch2

Nanasews

Post by Nanasews » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Embrilliance is such a nice program! I am learning to use all the bells and whistles here,my only wish is, I would have seen this program first! it is comfortable to use for a new digitizer.Love it. :)
A stitch in time saves 9