Issue saving to USB stick Mac Sierra

Report any issues with Essentials here.
Please be specific about Mac or Windows and which OS version you have.
IrisMoon

Issue saving to USB stick Mac Sierra

Post by IrisMoon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:20 am

Sometimes, after system update to Mac Sierra (10.12?), the design is saved to the stick, but Embrilliance hangs (not responding) and must be force quit. It happens intermittently. I'm using Enthusiast. The design is fine and on the stick. I reported printing issues yesterday since new Apple OS upgrade. If you want, I can get you several crash reports. Question: Does Embrilliance work with Windows 10? I'm considering getting a Windows (I hate Windows) machine for embroidery, but prefer Mac.

barbsbees

Re: Issue saving to USB stick Mac Sierra

Post by barbsbees » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:58 pm

I am having same problem on Mac Sierra. However, sometimes the files are being saved so some steps of the applique design are corrupted.

IrisMoon

Post by IrisMoon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:21 pm

I find that I can save to the desktop and, then, drag to the USB. It's an extra step, but has always worked for me.

oquinlhads

Post by oquinlhads » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:45 pm

First chance to save to USB drive since latest MAC operating system update and I am having the same problem with system not responding. After forcing quit in Embrilliance and having to force eject of drive, the design appears there but not sure if anything is corrupted. I was using BX fonts in Embrilliance to set up a monogram. I have the latest version of Embrilliance as of 10-30-2016.

texmax888

Post by texmax888 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:48 pm

I am having the same issue. I can drag the design to my USB stick in Finder and all is well but if I try to save it to my stick from Embrilliance the program locks up every time. I have to force quit the program and even then my computer continues to tell me it cannot eject the stick because it is in use. I have to force eject the stick as well.

argirlfsu

Post by argirlfsu » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:59 pm

I am so over it! It happens EVERY time I try to save more than one file. This is ridiculous. Is it going to be fixed?

Betsyam

Post by Betsyam » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Same problem-USB has to be forced to quit & so does Embrilliance on MAC Sierra!

IrisMoon

Post by IrisMoon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Have you downloaded the new version? It has helped me. Go to the downloads page and install it. Check your version in your software against the version posted.

IrisMoon

Post by IrisMoon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Sadly, the save isn't fixed. I was told by a Embrilliance that this doesn't happen to all Sierra users. They, also, suggested that, in addition to posting here, you fill out their support form. They DO reply quickly and are helpful. I would recommend that those who are having this issue, fill out the support form at the Embrilliance site.