trying reverse button

New versions fix things and add features. This will document those changes. If you had a Feature Request and we have implemented it, we've moved the topic here for posterity.
Kat

trying reverse button

Post by Kat » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

I read some comments you suggested for sandimacd about isolating different parts of a design.

"If you have a design and want everything except one color, and you want to delete the rest, this is a great time to use the Reverse Selection button in the Object tree. This is the one that has three black + signs. (The other one is Select All, which you should see by hovering your mouse over it.) Select the color you want to keep, then click Reverse Selection and that will select everything else. Hit the Delete key and you have just the color that you wanted remaining. There are similar times when you want this, such as moving everything except one or a few objects."

After I have expanded the tree into all the colors of a design, I select one color and then hit the reverse select key and then hit the delete button. All the colors disappear. What am I missing that must be very intuitive to you but not me?
Thanks,
Kat

Admin
Site Admin

Re: trying reverse button

Post by Admin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Kat, you've found a bug. Not sure when that crept in. We have it fixed and will be in the very next update. It works again as described and as you understand it should work. Thanks! -b

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"