rotating lettering

New versions fix things and add features. This will document those changes. If you had a Feature Request and we have implemented it, we've moved the topic here for posterity.
Jackie Parr

rotating lettering

Post by Jackie Parr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I did a lettering design, 3 lines, measuring 6 11/16 x 5 1/8. I have a 5 x 7 hoop measuring 5.5x7. When I have the design in Jef format, it reads correctly just looking at it on the screen. It will not write to my compact flash card, saying it is too large. If must be saved at the 90 % angle to write to my card. When I try rotate the design before saving, I get gibberish on the screen. This worked on the older version of essentials, has there been a change. The only was I could get it to work now, was to take it into Designers Gallery, change it to Pes and then change again back to Jef. This put it in the vertical rather than horizontal. And I did use the lettering here this time instead of importing one of mine.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: rotating lettering

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:37 pm

I have asked David to work through these issues with you. I know he's working on some other item right now, but I'd like the JEF size issue will go away with the next release. (If it already hasn't been corrected.) Can you tell us which program you're using to write to the flash card?

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Jackie Parr

Re: rotating lettering

Post by Jackie Parr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm

I went into the fusion PC side. Double clicked on the design from Studio Plus which takes me into the import page of the Janome Customizer. From there I can write designs to the card.
Sometimes I drag to the desktop from my embroidery file and then onto the icon on the desktop of my flash card writer. Yes, it looks like I need to invest in Convert it Mac, so I can view and write from the Mac side. Thanks Jackie