EXP+ Format for Bernina

Anything related to the Convert It, Mac program.
texmax888

EXP+ Format for Bernina

Post by texmax888 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:27 pm

I just purchased Convert It Mac mainly to convert my PES files to EXP+ to use in my Bernina. They are losing their colors. When I save in Embrilliance from PES to EXP+ one design at a time the colors are saved. What am I doing wrong?

Sue in Houston

EastWitch2

Re: EXP+ Format for Bernina

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi texmax888

I think the best way to get your question answered quickly would be to contact the Embrilliance Support Team.
You can do this by filling out a Support Ticket with your information and your questions at the following link.

http://embrilliance.com/contact-us

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am

The EXP+ format is a weird thing -- its actually not a format at all! When you choose to convert to EXP+ in CIM or save a stitch file as EXP+ in EE, what actually happens is that THREE files are created at one time - all three files need to be saved together on the USB when sent to the machine OR be in the same location

file.exp
file.inf
file.bmp

The EXP file has no color information in it - not possible. But when these three files are together in the same location - the Bernina software AND the Bernina machines will read the EXP as if it had colors by pulling up the information from the other two files.

I will make sure that someone checks the ticket system to address your specific problem if this information does not help.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

barbarak

Post by barbarak » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:26 am

You have to save the inf file as well...that sets the colors and works fine on the Bernina.

barbarak

Post by barbarak » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 am

The .bmp does not have to be saved for use in the machine...it is just an image file like jpeg. This shows you what it looks like (although with thumbnailer you can see the design or exp file itself).

SPndstorm

EXP Format for Bernina

Post by SPndstorm » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:30 pm

If you have used drive setup to partition the drive then it should already be formatted for macos9 - should it not? Or what are trying to format it for? Windows, macosX?