Saving a Picture File of your Design in Windows OS

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
EastWitch2

Saving a Picture File of your Design in Windows OS

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Here is a tip for Windows Computer Users about how you can save a picture file (jpg) of your design that you have on your open Window of Embrilliance software.

Most of the latest versions of Windows Operating systems have a Snipping Tool that is located under All Programs in the Accessories.

The Accessories section is the place where you find your Paint program, Note Pad and various other things including the Snipping Tool.

This Snipping Tool allows you to drag a line around any item on screen or even around the whole screen area and then save it as a jpg file or to other picture file formats and then save it on your computer for other use.

I have WIndows Vista 64 bit and this is how I access the Snipping Tool.
I click on Start then on All Programs then on Accessories and then on Snipping Tool.

Here is an example of a JPG picture file I saved of one of the designs I put together in Embrilliance Essentials. See last image below.

The red line around the design area is the line I drew with the Snipping Tool.
then in the Snipping Tool window I did a Save As and chose a name for the file and saved it to My Pictures on my computer.

The first image below is a saved PNG image File of the same design.

EastWitch2
Attachments
PD M.PNG
PD M.PNG (27.07 KiB) Viewed 2534 times
Polka Dot M.JPG
Polka Dot M.JPG (67.66 KiB) Viewed 2541 times

EastWitch2

Re: Saving a Picture File of your Design in Windows OS

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Still playing with the Snipping tool for Windows Operating Systems.

If you put a design together in the open window of Essentials or open a saved working be file of a design or open a saved stitch file of a design in Essentials and want to save a picture file of the design with out Grid lines showing in the picture go to View at the top of the working Window and turn off Draw Grid Lines.

Then use the Snipping Tool and save the image file as a jpg, or gif or PNG File
You now have a picture of your design with out any grid lines! :D
See image below.

Eastwitch2
Attachments
PDM No Grid.JPG
PDM No Grid.JPG (33.94 KiB) Viewed 2530 times