Choose the name for your font

Get the most out of your software!
Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding AlphaTricks features.
LisaSewBubbles

Choose the name for your font

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Naming.png
Naming.png (86.08 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
When you import your alphabet designs, the default name for the font will be the name of the folder that contained the designs.

Since this name is what will show in your font list, we suggest that you choose a name that makes sense to you today and next month. You may want to include the following information

Designer or website - If you use abbreviations, for example FSF for Five Star Fonts, and name each of the fonts you've bought from this sight starting with FSF, they will all be grouped together in the list.

Name of font - always a good idea

Size - This can be handy if you get multiple sizes of the same font

Example: FSF Bella 1in

Do you need to put the format in the name? NOPE! Our software will save to the format you select when you save the design. So there is no need to worry about purchasing a specific format OR converting outside of the Essentials program! YES, the software does this for you behind the scenes when you save the files.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

jpdavis238

Re: Choose the name for your font

Post by jpdavis238 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:37 am

What if the font was imported by dragging onto the workspace instead of the using the mapping so it defaulted to just the number instead of the giving an option of a name? Can I change it now or will I have to map it again with an new name and remove the old? Thanks
Pat
East Texas

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi Pat ( jpdavis238) !

Yes you can add a name for the font to the number name it was given or change the number to a name if you want to.
You could even add the digitizer/s initials to help identify the font and also add the size of the font.

For example I purchased fonts from Jolsons Designs and the names were numbers.
So I added the JD in front of the number and added a text name and size after the number.
for example JD 361 Twilight 2inch

Lisa's Tip above shows where to type the new name that you want once you have selected the font from the list of fonts you already have in the program that you want to change.
Someone else asked the same question at the link below and was given an answer on how to rename a font in Alpha Tricks that you may want to read too.

http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=814

EastWitch2

jpdavis238

Post by jpdavis238 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:03 am

Great. Thank you!
Pat