Font Mapper

keewee

Font Mapper

Post by keewee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:29 pm

I have just bought a Brother NV950, and it came with the Embrilliance Font Mapper program. I have been trying to find out how to download different fonts to use with the program, but have been unable to come up with anything. Appreciate any help and guidance i can get.

Thanks

EastWitch2

Re: Font Mapper

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi keewee!

When you say your machine came with Embrilliance Font Mapper could you tell us if that Font Mapper program has a name ?
Did you get this from the previous owner of your machine?
If so did it come on a disk that was given to you?

Embrilliance Alpha Tricks is the program that allows one to map purchased or free downloaded stitch formatted Alphabets into the program.

You or the previous owner would have had to purchase Alpha Tricks from a Vendor selling the Embilliiance Programs or directly from the Embrilliance Store.

If this was purchase by the previous owner I am pretty sure that the owner doesn't have the right to pass it on to you to use.

The only other programs that I can think of that you may have is the Free Embrilliance Express Program or the Free Program that is given to Digitizers to map their Digitized Alphabets with so that they can offer the BX files for their Alphabet that they sell.

Can you tell us more about this Font Mapper program that you have?

Perhaps you need to find out more about it from whom ever you purchased the machine from.
EastWitch2

keewee

Post by keewee » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Thank you for your reply. I bought the machine new from a company in another state, and the cd came with it. Its in a blue case and the cover reads Embrilliance Embroidery Software Suite Australian Edition, and it came with a serial number for Embrillance Font Mapper. I have downloaded, and all works ok, there is a font in the program, but its just a plain Arial design. I have used it for a couple of my quilt labels, where I brought in the frame design, then used the font supplied, and then put it on the usb stick, and stitched out. I just wanted to know how to get some other fonts to use like a script or similar.
Up until this purchase, I had a Janome MC5000 for 15 years, and the programs that came with had 3 different fonts I could use to do various things. But it was time to update, so I am not sure what I am doing, and thought it best to ask for help.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Again keewee!
I think basically what you have is Australian Edition of the Embrilliance Alpha Tricks program from what you say.

Alpha Tricks is a program for mapping the letters of purchased or free downloaded Alphabets that many Digitizers offer on their websites that come in a stitch format such as Jeff, Hus, Vip, Dst, Pes, Vip3, etc..
You map the letters into the program so you can them use them as a keyboard font which means you can just typed the text you need on your computer keyboard and the letters of the text will all line up and be spaced for you. Once you have the text the way you want it you save it in the stitch format that your machine needs in order to stitch out the text as a design.

There are several Alpha Tricks Videos that you can watch at the link below on the Embrilliance Website on how to use the program.
http://embrilliance.com/videos/alphatricks-videos

And there is a whole section on the Forum here that addresses many aspects of Alpha Tricks at the link below.
Make sure to check the Tips and Techniques section there.
http://www.embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=20

There is a list of Digitizers that sell Alphabets in Stitch Formats at the link below that you could purchase digitized Alphabets from that you could map into your program.
http://www.embrilliance.com/phpBB3/view ... f=22&t=775

Take a look at Jolsons Designs that is on the list as they have a great sale going on on their digitized Alphabets/Fonts. When you purchase 20 fonts you only pay $0.75 a Font set. They usually include several sizes in their font sets which is a real plus.
Or if you purchase just a few fonts you will only pay a $1.00 Each Set.
http://www.jolsonsdesigns.com/servlet/StoreFront

If you have any questions please fell free to ask them here on the Forum so we can help you.

EastWitch2