BX files again

Lindabee58

BX files again

Post by Lindabee58 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 am

Can I please ask why is the software for making BX files only for sellers?
Many of us have downloaded FREE ttf font files and made them into alphabets for embroidery which have then been saved in different formats (VP3, PES and others). If we could make BX files we could then share our alphabets to other people who use Embrilliance. This is not a question of selling and earning but only sharing work made by us.

EastWitch2

Re: BX files again

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Lindabee58 wrote:Can I please ask why is the software for making BX files only for sellers?
Many of us have downloaded FREE ttf font files and made them into alphabets for embroidery which have then been saved in different formats (VP3, PES and others). If we could make BX files we could then share our alphabets to other people who use Embrilliance. This is not a question of selling and earning but only sharing work made by us.

Hi Lindabee58!

First let's clarify what a BX File is.

A BX file is exclusive to the Embrilliance Software.
A BX File is a vehicle similar to a zip file that holds different types of information such as thread color pallets for different brand of thread or designs or fonts that have been digitized that can be easily installed into the Embrilliance software by dragging and dropping the bx file into the Embrilliance program.

In the case of a BX File for Fonts it really is a file that holds pre mapped digitized letters of an alphabet.
The letters of the digitized alphabet have been mapped to keys on a computer keyboard using Embrilliance software to map them with.

When the BX files for a font are installed into the The Embilliance software it creates 2 files for each letter of the pre mapped alphabet with the file extensions of .BF and .LF in the Imported Fonts section of the software and the font will appear in the Drop Down Font Menu in your Embrilliance software programs such as Essentials.

I think this is a great question that should be sent to the Embrilliance Support Team so they can address it especially now that many of us have the Stitch Artist Digitizing software and the capability of digitizing True Type Fonts and other types of Embroidery Designs.

It would be great to know what formats of our digitized work we can share with each other here on the Forum!

I think it is great that our Embrilliance Forum Members want to share their digitized designs with our other members.

It certainly is a great way to inspire our members to see what can be achieved with the Embrilliance software!

Please use the link below and fill out the open Support Ticket and submit your question to the Embrilliance Support Team.
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

Let them know that you posted the question here on the Forum and other Forum members are interested in the answers to this question too.

EastWitch2

Lindabee58

Post by Lindabee58 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:46 am

Thank you for your answer.
I did send this question to the Embrilliance team yesterday and I got an answer saying

"There will be more coming along with regard to font publishing with StitchArtist. Until then, please know we understand your request".

Can't wait to see what it will be. :D
Thanks again
Linda

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi Linda!

Thank you for letting us know about the response you received from the Embrilliance Support Team!
I am sure many members that have the Stitch Artist software will be interested in what the Embrilliance Team offers in regards to Font publishing.!!

EastWitch2

Zaneyzelda64

Post by Zaneyzelda64 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:12 pm

OK, I'm totally new on here, and I'm lost, I bought fonts from JUJU and they come in BX, , now what do I do ? I have downloaded the demo for Embrilliance. I have never digitized before if that is what you call this, ?? Grandma Wendy needs advise and direction ;) I want to use the JUJU fonts or even the fonts that Embrilliance has, I just want to learn how to begin. thank you for any help you can give me. Wendy

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Zaneyzelda64 wrote:OK, I'm totally new on here, and I'm lost, I bought fonts from JUJU and they come in BX, , now what do I do ? I have downloaded the demo for Embrilliance. I have never digitized before if that is what you call this, ?? Grandma Wendy needs advise and direction ;) I want to use the JUJU fonts or even the fonts that Embrilliance has, I just want to learn how to begin. thank you for any help you can give me. Wendy

Hi Grandma Wendy!

The Demo version of Embrilliance only allows you to test all the features of the Embrilliance software programs. You can not save any designs you use or put together in the Demo version.

In order to use your BX Fonts that you purchased from Ju JU Designs or any other Digitizer you would need to download Embrilliance Express software which is a free program.
You can find the download for Embrilliance Expree at the link below.
http://embrilliance.com/downloads

The Embrilliance Express Software allows you to drag and drop the unzipped BX Files of the purchased JU JU Fonts into the software when you have the Embilliance Express software open.
This will install the BX files right into Embrilliance Express software.

Then you will be able to make text or names with the letters from the Ju Ju Fonts and save the lettering designs in your stitch format for your machine that you make in Embrilliance Express.

There is a Video showing how easy it is to drag and drop the BX files into the Embrilliance Express or Embrilliance Essentials software at the link below that you may want to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPseWKUEY8

Here is another video showing how to install the Embrilliance Express software and how to get the BX files into the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z94b5Oe ... EZcAGxe3sG

Also you should have received some instructions on how to use the BX files you bought from Ju Ju Designs that should be included with the downloaded zip files you download from Ju Ju.

Embrilliance Express is not the full version of the Embrilliance Essentials program so you would not be able to combine any text designs you make with any other embroidery designs.
Express does not include any of the Built In Embroidery Fonts that the Embrilliance Essentials program has.

You would need to purchase the full version of Embrilliance Essentials in order to add any other design to text designs or to use the Built In Embrilliance Fonts to make text design with and be able to save them as stitch files for your embroidery machine.

Embrilliance Essentials is a full Design Editing software program not a digitizing program.
Essentials lets you make and work with text designs and combine other embroidery designs that you may have and so much more.

You can read all about the full version of Embrilliance Essentials at the link below.
http://embrilliance.com/embrilliance-essentials

You may also want to watch some of the Embrilliance Essentials Videos at the Link below.
http://embrilliance.com/videos/essentials-videos

Feel free to ask more questions if you need more help!

EastWitch2

Zaneyzelda64

Post by Zaneyzelda64 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:36 pm

thank you so so much, I"ll work on this. Grandma Wendy