Font Limit?

texmax888

Font Limit?

Post by texmax888 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

I absolutely love AlphaTricks!!! You have completely changed the way I embroider. Your software is seamless and reliable and headache free. So cool. Is there a maximum number of fonts I can map? You have turned me into a font junkie!

EastWitch2

Re: Font Limit?

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi texmax888
I think that Alpha Tricks has turned everyone into a Font Junkie.

I am not sure there is a limit to how many Alphabets you can map into Alpha Tricks but keep in mind that if you map many, many Alphabets then it takes that much longer to decide which one to use when you want to make text or names for a project. LOL!

I have decided to just map enough Alphabets that I have a good choice of different syles of letters to choose from.

If I want to use letters from an Alphabet that I haven't mapped yet then it really only takes a few minutes to map it when I need it.
If I am only going use an Alphabet for 1 project I can always delete it to make room for other ones tha I may use more often.

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:06 am

No, as EastWitch2 said, there is no limit, but your list of fonts can become a bit lengthy. The delete font button is found in the Import Font dialog box in case you were wondering how to do this.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

texmax888

Post by texmax888 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:26 pm

If your fonts aren't mapped, how do you see them? Unless I'm missing something the only option I can think of is looking in each and every file in my Finder???

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:50 am

Hello Texmax888,

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have Essentials and the alphabet designs are not in a BX format, you would use the Merge Stitch file function to select each letter and add them to your design.

If you have AlphaTricks, you can map the alphabet designs and they can now be accessed from the Lettering pulldown menu like one of the built in fonts.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

karosd42

Post by karosd42 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:21 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE having a boatload of fonts mapped into my Essentials w/Alpha Tricks. I am a total font junkie and have found that instead of mapping each and every size of every font that I load one or two sizes, a small and a gi-nor-mous, then if I need something in between, if I can't resize enough, I map in the middle size. But it's soooo nice to have bunches of fonts to choose from and sooooo easy to use to add to projects. On my new years todo list is to get more of them in there since I did alot of font shopping over the holidays.