Alpha Tricks ~ No Original Embrilliance Fonts!!

Patricia6

Alpha Tricks ~ No Original Embrilliance Fonts!!

Post by Patricia6 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 am

I have just installed Alpha Tricks to my Embrilliance software. I no longer have the original fonts that came with Embrilliance and because I liked and used those fonts I am quite disappointed. There is no mention anywhere that once you upgrade to the Alpha Tricks that those fonts will no longer be available! I am VERY disappointed with this! Also, if you have a font style that includes both upper and lower case letters mixed within the file (ie; a B C d e F G H i j), Alpha Tricks will not work for that file. There is NO WAY to delete these files that will never work once you have mapped them and they are included in your font category. In my opioin, Alpha Tricks was NOT worth the price. You need to work with the placement of the letters so much anyway, that you may as well place them one by one with the original Embrilliance software. If anyone else has discovered a resolve to these issues I would sure appreciate your help. If there is no resolve for these issues I do believe that I will take advantage of the 30 day refund policy.

EastWitch2

Re: Alpha Tricks ~ No Original Embrilliance Fonts!!

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Patricia6!

I am going to try to answer your questions in 2 posts.

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the right version of Alpha Tricks for your computer System - Windows or Mac version!
Do you have tha latest version of the Embrilliance essentials program already on your computer if not you can download it and do the install for it too.

Yes your Original Built in fonts for Essentials should still be included in Embrilliance Essentials after you installed Alpha Tricks.
You would see them when you use the Create Letters function in Essentials when you want to make text.

Click on the Create Letters Icon at the top of Essentials and then check the list of fonts available to make lettering from.
They should appear in the Drop down list where you choose the font to use to make the text.

The Built In fonts will be listed by name in the drop down list such as Block, Jazz, Comedy etc.

The fonts that you map and save using Alpha Tricks will also appear in the Essentials drop down font list and they will have a Pencil icon in front of the mapped font name.

If you are not seeing these when you try to creat lettes then you do have a problem.

You should click on the Contact Us Tab at the top of the Forum Window and fill out your problem information and then submit it to the Embrilliance Support Team.
The support team will help you sort the problem out.

I will do another post that will explain how to import and map a font where the font file has all the letters mixed up and how to delet a mapped font.
So read the next post to learn how to do all this.

EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Patricia6
This was your questions about importing and mapping fonts and Deleting mapped fonts that i will try and answer for yoù:

if you have a font style that includes both upper and lower case letters mixed within the file (ie; a B C d e F G H i j), Alpha Tricks will not work for that file. There is NO WAY to delete these files that will never work once you have mapped them and they are included in your font category.

The best way to import the letters from a font file that has all the letters mixed up is to import all the Upper Case Letters first and then add the lower case letters.

To do this open Embrilliance Essentials.
Click on the Font Mapper Icon at the tiop of the Essentials workin window.
A box will po up and ask if you want to begin to import a Font.
Click Yes

Then a Open Design Files window opens so you can locate the file on your computer that has the font in it that you want to import.
Once you locate the font file click the name of the file and open it.

Now you want to highlight all the Upper Case Letters of the font.
To do this hold down your Control Key on your Window computer keyboard and then click on each Upper case letter untill all upper case letters are highlighted.
Then at the top of the window click the Import Icon.
This will then import all the Upper Case Letters into the Import Font workingWindow.
all the upper case letters of the font will appear there and be in the proper order.

Now using that same working window click on ADD DESIGNS which is on the right side of the window.
This will open the Open Design Files window again so you can loacte the Font file on your computer again.
Click on the Font file name and open it,

Now hold your Control Key down and highlight all of the Lower Case letters until you have them all highlighted.
Then click on the Import tab at the top of the window.
Now you have imported all of the Lower Case Letters of the font into the Import Font working Window.
The Lower Case letters will appear after all the Upper Case letters in the working window.
You can use the slide bar at the bottom to check to see if you have all the letters there and that they are in Alpha order.

** On a Mac computer the key to hold down when highlighting the letters to import would be different.Now is the time to clck through the letters and align them to the base line so do this now.

Next you want to Map the Upper Case letters
Click on the Upper Case A which will highlight it or show it in a line box.
Now Click on the A-Z Quick Mapping Tab
And now all the upper case letters have been mapped A through Z.

New you want to map the Lower Case Letters.
Make sure the Lower Case letter a is highlighted or click on it.
Then click on the a-z Quick Mapping Tab.
Now all the lower case letters are mapped a through z.

Check the font name and if you want ot simplify it or change it do so now.

Then click on the SAVE Tab on the right side of the Windpow and this will save the mapped font to the program.
Then it will appear in the drop down list of fonts to choose from when creating lettering or text etc.

To Delete a Mpppaed Font:

Click on the Font Mapper Icon at the top of the open Embrilliance Essentials working wiindow
A pop up box appears and asks if you want to begin importing a font.
Click on NO

This leaves you in the Import font working window.

At the Top of the window you see the word Font:
Beisde the word Font is a highlighted window with a Font name in it which is the last font that you worked with.
Beside the name of the Font is a DOWN ARROW on the right side.

Click the DOWN ARROW.
Now a list of all your mapped fonts opens.

To delet any one of thes fonts you click on the name and it will appear in the highlighted Font window at the top,
Now all you have to do is click on DELETE FONT tab on the right side of the working window and the font will be deleted from the program.

Deleteing a font removes it from Embrilliance Essentaisl and Alpha Tricks programs.
It does not remove it from the opriginal file that the font is in on your computer.
So you still have the font file and if you wish to map that font at a later time for a project you can stil do that.

Patricia6 if you have any questions or need more help please post here and we will help you.

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 am

Patricia,

I hope that you have filled out the support form under Contact us! I can tell you are upset and most likely it is just a simple fix like making sure Both serial numbers are listed in the Help > Serial numbers dialog. You will NOT lose functions when you have both Essentials and AlphaTricks authorized!!

And as far as you comment about jumbled fonts not working, EastWitch2 has provided some great information on this! But did you know that the A-Z, a-z, etc buttons are just shortcut buttons? If the digitizer did not name the characters in any of these orders you can always map each character manually. The character shown in the center can be mapped to any key on your keyboard. So if it is "a" press the a key. If the next character is a @ press that on your keyboard and continue! As you see, it can go as quickly as you type!

If you really want to use the short cut keys....either do not select all when you import....only choose the alphabet letters in order and choose Add Designs to import more of the alphabet in order

Or

Import them all, manually map the odd characters then go back and use the shortcut buttons which will skip the letters you manually mapped.

You have many mapping options in the program! I hope that you filled out a support request in the ticket system regarding the missing fonts so that this can be resolved with a few simple steps!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!