Mapping purchased fonts

jan6906

Mapping purchased fonts

Post by jan6906 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:43 am

I have several fonts I have already purchased. The problem is, some that I have purchased are under all formats. I only need PES. How do I map just the PES fonts. I have figured out how to do it individually, but is there an easier way?

EastWitch2

Re: Mapping purchased fonts

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 pm

You could unzip the file and then move all the pes files into a seperate folder on your computer and then import them into Alpha Tricks from there.
Once in a seperate folder you could just go to the folder and then click on Select all and import all the letters into the working window of Alpha Tricks
Then you should be able to use the quick keys for mapping then as long as there is no punctuation in amongst the letters and the letters are all in order
EastWitch2

jan6906

Post by jan6906 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 am

what do you do when you have a font that included punctuation?

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi jan6906

Usually when I have a font that includes the punctuation I import all the letters and numbers if there are numbers into the working window for mapping first and then I click on the Add Designs button that is located on the right side near the top of the mapping window and use that to import the punctuation,

Then I use the quick keys to map the letters and the numbers first .
And then I manually map the punctuation using the keys on my keyboard that correspond to each of the punctuations,

For example if I have an period or comma or question mark to map I click on the corresponding keys such as . or , or ? on my key board and that maps them into the program to be included in that Alphabet.

Very easy to do!

EastWitch2

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:48 pm

In addition to the suggestion by EastWitch2, and her description of how to map punctuation by typing the key, there is another feature of AT that should be mentioned again in this thread so that others find it someday.

Sometimes the digitizers insert the punctuation with file names like "comma" where it causes the punctuation to come up intermingled with the letters, ex:
"C", "c", "comma", "D", "d"... ..."P", "p", "period", "Q".

We set it up so that you could scroll through the designs (once imported), and key-map all the punctuation first.
In the example, click the image of the comma and then type the comma key to map that design.

Once all the punctuation is mapped, go back to the 'A' design and click on it, and then use the shortcut button 'A-Z' (for example, but you can use AaZz etc).

As the shortcuts run, they skip over anything already mapped. Thus, the punctuation stays mapped, and the letters get mapped easily.

Cheers,
-Brian

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"