BX fonts….

roodkapje

BX fonts….

Post by roodkapje » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:56 am

Hallo, I've got a question, perhaps been asked before. But how hard I try, some words and explanations are to high for a Dutchie.

I want to put my alphabet fonts into Embrilliance (bought it several years ago, MAC version). If I way BX files in Embrilliance, do I have to buy AlphaTricks, or not….
In some youtube it is :" click….. and clickkkk and your ready!".
Wel not me…. Please explain how to put BX files in Embrilliance. If not, then what???

Vriendelijke groet,
Roodkapje

EastWitch2

Re: BX fonts….

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Roodkapje!

If your Alphabets that you have are in a stitch format such as pes, hus, vip, jef, dst, vip3, exp, etc. then you would need the Alpha Tricks program in order to get the Alphabets into Alpha Tricks and Essentials and use them as keyboard fonts.
Similar to the way you use the Built in Fonts or Alphabets that are already in Essentials by just choosing the Alphabet that you want to use and then just typing on your computer keyboard the word or text you want to make.

Using the tools of Alpha Tricks you can manually map the letters of these types of Alphabets that are in a stitch format into the program and then you can use them as a Keyboard font.
Otherwise you would have to merge in one letter at a time into Essentials and then line up the letters manually to make a word or text which takes much more time than just typing in your letters.
Here are the links to the Videos showing how to use Alpha Tricks to map in the Alphabets that are in a stitch format.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnja3eMszss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mhYYEoXFc

If your Alphabets that you have are in a BX File then they are not in a Stitch Format and have been mapped by the Digitizer using Embrilliance software and can be dropped onto the open window of Essentials and they are instantly installed.

Please feel free to ask more questions if you do not understand my explanation above.

EastWitch2