How Do You Make A BX File?

Rialeslj

How Do You Make A BX File?

Post by Rialeslj » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:08 pm

I have Essentials and AlphaTricks. I can import an alphabet into AlphaTricks and save it as a font for Essentials and AlphaTricks. It is saved as a .BF file in an Embrilliance folder. What I want to do if save the imported font as a BX file so I can easily use it on my laptop. I have over 200 PES format fonts that I want to convert to BX. I know you have a program to convert them because you give it to font retailers to convert their fonts to BX. Can .BF files be changed to .BX files? How do I get the BX software?

EastWitch2

Re: How Do You Make A BX File?

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Rialeslj wrote:I have Essentials and AlphaTricks. I can import an alphabet into AlphaTricks and save it as a font for Essentials and AlphaTricks. It is saved as a .BF file in an Embrilliance folder. What I want to do if save the imported font as a BX file so I can easily use it on my laptop. I have over 200 PES format fonts that I want to convert to BX. I know you have a program to convert them because you give it to font retailers to convert their fonts to BX. Can .BF files be changed to .BX files? How do I get the BX software?

Hi Rialeslj
Is your Essentials and Alpha Tricks software on your Lap Top or another computer?
You can load both programs on more than 1 computer.

A BX File is an installer for the Embrilliance programs that holds certain types of digitized font or design files or thread type files that can be dropped on to the open Essentials and Alpha Tricks programs to instantly install the files into the program.

When we talk about BX Fonts they are really not BX Format Fonts but are pre mapped version of a digitized fonts that a digitizer has mapped using the Free Embrilliance Software and are placed into a BX File.
The Free software that the digitizers use is a different version of the Alpha Tricks software.

The pre mapped font files with in the BX file come in the BF and LF format.
When dropped into Essentials and Alpha Tricks they are the very same format (BF & LF) as the imported fonts that you import and map into the software using Alpha Tricks.

When dropped into Essentials or Alpha Tricks the fonts then appear in your Font Drop Down Menu to select from and can be used the same way as you use the Built In fonts to make text designs etc.

So really you already have the software to import, map and save your 200 PES stitch format fonts as keyboard fonts by simply using the Alpha Tricks mapping features in your combined Essentials and Alpha Tricks software.
When saved these fonts appear in your Font Drop Down Menu to choose from in Essentials and or Alpha Tricks to make Text designs etc.

Does this answer your questions?
If not please post more questions.
EastWitch2