Downloading Fonts

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
RoBo

Downloading Fonts

Post by RoBo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:58 pm

I just received the Embrilliance Enthusiast Software. I downloaded four fonts this evening. I watched some videos on how to add the fonts to Embrilliance and according to the directions, it was just a drag and drop. But when I drag and drop, it doesn't work. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

EastWitch2

Re: Downloading Fonts

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi Robo!

I am assuming you are trying to drag and drop BX files of the 4 Fonts you downloaded into Enthusiast.

I am not sure you can add the BX Files to Embrilliance Enthusiast.
You can check with the Embrilliance Support Team by using the link below and asking them if it is possible to drag and drop BX files into Enthusiast
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/login.php

Do you have Embrilliance Essentials software or the free Embrilliance Express software?
You can drag and drop the BX Files of the Fonts into either of those programs.

Usually BX Files come in a Zip file when you download them.
And you would have to open the zipped file and or extract the BX files from the Zipped file and then drag and drop them into the open Embrilliance software program.

Let us know if this helps you or if you have more questions please feel free to post them here on the Forum.

EastWitch2

RoBo

Post by RoBo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:00 pm

I installed the purchased Embrilliance Enthusiast and then downloaded the free Embrilliance Essentials still with no success. Perhaps I need to install with Essentials first and then Enthusiast. I will check with the support team that you identified below. Thanks so much!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi Robo
It shouldn't matter which program you load onto your computer first.
Embrilliance Express should load okay even if you have Enthusiast on your computer first.
Just download the zip file for Embrilliance Platform that includes Express and unzip it and install/ run the set up file to install it.
Once installed close out of the program and then reopen Enthusiast and you should see the A icon which is the Lettering Icon in the top tool bar which is what you use when doing lettering designs.

Then unzip your BX Files from the downloaded zip font file and drag and drop the BX Files onto the open working Window of the program.

Try watching this Video showing how to install BX Files into the Free Embrilliance Express program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z94b5Oe ... sG&index=1

EastWitch2