Splitting a desig

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
goodsew

Splitting a desig

Post by goodsew » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Help please...I just bought Enthusiast and have Essentials. I have a design and want to split off a piece and rotate just that part of the design, how do I do that? I thought I would need to lasso that part of the design and split it but then I can't figure out how to select just that piece.

Thanks for your help.

Sandy in TN

EastWitch2

Re: Splitting a desig

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Sandy!

Lindee G has a video you can watch that shows how to split off a part of a lettering design which may help you.
The steps would be the same for any design.
And you will have to add Tie In/ Tie Off Stitches to both design objects as she shows in the video.

Your section that you split off should show up in the Objects view on the right side of the open working window as a separate design piece.

You would click on that piece in the Object View which will highlight it on the working window and then you should be able to rotate it or do anything you want with it.

Here is the link to the Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaybIKeCCg

If you have your Embrilliance software open on your computer you can go to Help tab and click on it and then click on Help from the drop down menu and read the information on how to split part of a design off in the Enthusiast Section or you can download or print off the Embrilliance Manual which has the same information.

EastWitch2

goodsew

Re: Splitting a desig

Post by goodsew » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks! That did it!