compensation when changing design size

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
Harriet

compensation when changing design size

Post by Harriet » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:48 pm

I have noticed that when I use the arrows to either enlarge a design or scale it down, the stitch count on the design does not change. Is the count changing properly? also, when I use the scatter feature and use different sizes of the same design, is the stitch count changing proportionately as I change the size of each design?

EastWitch2

Re: compensation when changing design size

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Harriet wrote:I have noticed that when I use the arrows to either enlarge a design or scale it down, the stitch count on the design does not change. Is the count changing properly? also, when I use the scatter feature and use different sizes of the same design, is the stitch count changing proportionately as I change the size of each design?
Hi Harriet

When you use the scatter feature you should be able to click on each of the designs that are scattered in the hoop area of the working window and when you look at the Status Bar at the bottom of the Window to the right of where it shows the hoop size and it will show you how many stitches are in each of the designs and the actual size of each.

Or you could click on each of the objects in the Objects pane at the right of the working window and when you click on each object it should show you the size and stitch count of each.

So yes it does adjust the stitch count of each.
Are you able to see the different sizes and stitch counts on the Bottom Status Bar?

I am not clear on what you are asking about enlarging or scaling down the size of a design using the arrows.
Which arrows are you talking about and could you provide more information on what you are doing when sizing the design?

EastWitch2

Harriet

Post by Harriet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi EastWish2, When I first put the design into the blank space on the design area before checking out the scatter option, I wanted to decrease the size and then play with the scatter option. It was at this point that the design wouldn't go down in size other than the normal 20% either way and the stitch count wouldn't change. If I had left it stay the original size, then the scatter program and the other program would give me designs too big to fit a hoop. I ended up returning the program because at first I couldn't get a straight answer. The first person didn't give me a clear answer so I told her to give me a refund. Then Brian said that during the scatter stage, I could reduce the designs, but by then I had already asked the first person for a refund. Harriet

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:04 am

Hi Harriet
Sorry to hear you returned Enthusiast!

Do you have any of the other Embrilliance programs?

If you have Essentials then you should be able to resize the design down by 50% first and then use the saved resized design stitch file in the Scatter Option.
If you were trying to resize the design in Essentials I wonder if the design was locked which you could unlock and change the dimensions of the design to what you wanted to resize it to first.
See the Video at the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjy6Ft2lkE

EastWitch2

Harriet

Post by Harriet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi, Thanks for such a quick response. I have Embird so I didn't want to buy the other Embrilliance programs and I didn't want to resize in Embird and then switch over to the Enthusiast program. Also, I thought that $189 was a lot for the new things that I could do in the Enthusiat program. I might rethink this program in the future. I became quite frustrated with it, especially when I was playing with the circular setup with the original designs in the carousal section. Harriet