Color Sort Utility

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
sew terrific

Color Sort Utility

Post by sew terrific » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm

I installed the update for enthusiast, love the new features but every time I try to use the colour sort utility my program shuts itself down. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks Karin

EastWitch2

Re: Color Sort Utility

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi Karin!

I have Essentials and Enthusiast on a Windows Vista computer and I just tested the color sort feature and it is working for me.
Are you using a Mac computer?
Remember after you click on Color Sort you do have to save the design as a stitch file
Then when you open the saved stitch file you will see that it has less colors.

If this is not working for you use the Contact Us Tab at the top of the Forum Page to contact the Embrilliance Support Team about this problem.

EastWitch2

sew terrific

Post by sew terrific » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:11 pm

I am on a Mac computer running OS 10.8.3 and I have previously used the colour sort utility with no problem at all but since the update am unable to use it at all. I would like to save the file but when I highlight the colour sort utility the program shuts down. The save dialogue box does not even appear the program quits and I get a box that says "Embrilliance quit unexpectedly" Nothing saves and when I reopen everything has gone. If you have any suggestions, that would be helpful.
Thanks Karin

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Karin

Use this link and fill out the Support Ticket so you can get help from Brian and his team.
http://embrilliance.com/contact-us

The program shouldn't be shutting down on you that's for sure.
EastWitch2

sew terrific

Post by sew terrific » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you. I have done that.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Karin

Are you able to save the design your working on as a Working file (be file) only without your program shutting down?
If you save the working file at least you wouldn't loose your design until you get the problem with the color sorting worked out.
Then you could open the working file and color sort it later.

The only other thing I can think of is to download the Update again and run the set up and see if that fixes your problem. Perhaps you just got a bad download the first time.

Just a thought

EastWitch2

sew terrific

Post by sew terrific » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 pm

I am able to save my file it seems ever other feature is working just fine. I will try and download the program again and see if that fixes the problem.
Thank you for the suggestion.

sew terrific

Post by sew terrific » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm

I have re downloaded the program and the same thing is happening. I'm wondering if it's not a glitch in the new update?

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 am

I am also on a Mac running 10.9.4 and just tried this. Mine also quit. Yes, there is a bug in the new version, but I'm sure that it will get fixed soon. I'll also send a note to the Embrilliance team.
Betty

pollyanne

Post by pollyanne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 am

I'm on a mac & recently got the enthusiasts. I just tried to open colour sort on mine & the same thing happened. It shut the whole program down & I got an information box which just said Embrilliance shut down unexpectedly.