Duplicate Design, but need to change stitch order

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
badcompany59

Duplicate Design, but need to change stitch order

Post by badcompany59 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:30 am

There may be a post on this, but I could not find it. I have a design that I want to duplicate 6 times (for felties), and I need the last stitch to be done last on all 6. how do I do that, and get it to where it starts for the first and goes on until the last one? I'm sure it's a user issue, but I can't seem to get this to work. Hope this makes sense.

I am stitching the jack skully designs, and what I'm trying to accomplish is to have the stitch on the skull outline be the last stitch on all 6 so that I can float the felt under the hoop when it stitches. I don't want the eyes to show on the back, just the outline of the skull.

EastWitch2

Re: Duplicate Design, but need to change stitch order

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 am

If each step in your design is a different color then once you have all 6 designs in the working window where you want them go to Edit and click on Select all and then click on the Utility Tab and click on Color Sort.

Then while the whole design is still selected save your design in the stitch format you need for your machine such as pes or Vip etc. by using the Save As Stitch file option or Save as Stitch and Working file.

Close out of the Working Window.

Then open a new Working Window and open your saved Stitch format file( pes, jef, vip, etc.) and you should see that you have less colors or steps for the combined 6 designs.
To check the design and how it will stitch out you can watch the design stitch out in the Sew Simulator and it should show you that all color 1 step for each of the 6 design will stitch out first then all color 2 step etc.

EastWitch2

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Well, I went back and used the instant repeat, and did the color sort saved it as a pes. Stitched out fine in the simulator.....sent it to my machine later and my brother 2500D Innovis will not read the second color for some reason. anyone have any suggestions? I've tried changing my default thread, changed to a different color, and still can't get it to read it. I've had this same problem before, and it seems to be tied to the color sort. When I load the design straight from my computer (single design before multiplying), it's fine. Only after I have duplicated and sorted.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:51 pm

What vendor did you get the design from?
Could you supply a link to the design so we could see it?

If your designs are not overlapped try this before color sorting.
Under Edit go to Preferences and then Files and turn off/ click off Remove Hidden Stitches
Then color sort and save your working file again as a stitch file.
See if that makes a difference.

The other thing you might try in the working file is to make sure each color in your design is different not a shade of the same color, such as Red , Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow.
Not light Blue and dark blue red and light pink, dark pink.
Use the same colors for each of the 6 designs
Then color sort and save the design as a stitch file again.
Let us know if any of this works for you.

If all else fails then submit a Support Ticket to the Embrilliance Support Team explaning the problem. They may want you to send the fie to them in order to help you.

Use The link below to fill in the Support Ticket.
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php
EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:39 pm

badcompany59
Are you using the latest 1.134 Version for the Embrilliance software.
There was a problem with color sorting for Mac computers and the latest update will include the fix for the problem.

EastWitch2