Printing Templates

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
pollyanne

Printing Templates

Post by pollyanne » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of printing templates from Enthusiasts? I have created a row of single designs to embroider on a towel but when I go to the outline to print for a template I dont seem to be able to print all of them at once. I can print the whole thing easy enough but not just the outline of all of them together. Hope you can understand what I mean. Maybe I have to copy & paste each one & save to a new page but unsure then if I'll get prefect position from that.

EastWitch2

Re: Printing Templates

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Are these applique design outlines or are they regular embroidery designs that each have an outline stitch?
Are the colors the same for all the designs?
Is the outline color the same for all the designs?

Eastwitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:10 pm

First go to Edit and then Preferences and select Printing.
There in the Printing section just check the Selected Colors only and uncheck everything else and click Apply and then Okay.

Now in your working window where you have your designs for your border and have them where you want them in the hoop and centered you can use the Objects Pane on the right side of the working window.

Click on the plus sign in front names of the designs showing in the Objects pane
This opens the design and shows all the steps and colors for the designs.
Now find the oultine of the first design and click on it so it is highlighted in the Objects Pane.

Then hold down the Control Key for Windows or Command key for Macs and highlight the other outlines of each of the other designs.
Then under File you can click on Print Preview and see if only the outlines are there for printing.
If they are then print your template.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Okay
After setting my Print preferencee to Selected Colors only
I made this border with 2 designs.
See last larger images below

When I click on the Plus sign in front to the 2 objects in the Objects Pane this opens up the color steps for each of the designs. Middle picture image!

Then I clicked on the last color step in the first design which is the final outline stitch of the design.
Then I held my Control key down and clicked on the last color step in the second design.
First picture image below!

Now I have both outlines highlighted I can go to Print Preview and see if just the outlines are there for printing a template for placement on my item.
Then I could print out the Template

EastWitch2
Attachments
Border Outlines Selected.JPG
Border Outlines Selected.JPG (30.8 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
Border Objects 1  and 2 open.JPG
Border Objects 1 and 2 open.JPG (27.64 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
Border.JPG
Border.JPG (152.4 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

pollyanne

Post by pollyanne » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Thank you so much EastWitch2. Thats perfect, it seems so easy once someone shows you how. Now I can organise embroidering my towels :)