cross hairs on templates

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
pollyanne

cross hairs on templates

Post by pollyanne » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:01 am

I can now print templates from my designs & it's great but I was wondering if it's possible to print multiple designs with cross hairs on each design not just in the middle of the page.

EastWitch2

Re: cross hairs on templates

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:31 pm

pollyanne wrote:I can now print templates from my designs & it's great but I was wondering if it's possible to print multiple designs with cross hairs on each design not just in the middle of the page.
Could I ask why you would want to have cross hairs for each of the designs when you have multiple designs in the hoop area of the working window?

If your are combining several designs in the hoop area and then saving these as all one design then you would want the printout template to reflect the whole design and the cross hairs would show where the whole design is situated in relationship to the hoop size you have chosen.

If you have more than one design in the hoop area of the working window before saving the design you can click on one of the designs in Objects Pane and set the Printing Preferences to print the selected colors only and cross hairs.
The Print Preview or the Print out would show the design in the area of the hoop where it is situated but the cross hairs will show the center of the hoop area not the center of that particular design.

If you only brought in 1 design into the hoop area of the working window at a time then you could print out a template of it .
If the design is centered in the hooping area the cross hairs on the print out would show the center of the design in relationship to the center of the hoop area.

Cross hairs are used for hooping purposes to line up your design in the hooping area, so they are centered in the hoop area and on your fabric.

Does any of this make sense to you or help you at all?
EastWitch2

pollyanne

Post by pollyanne » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Eastwitch2,
I want to do a row of the same design, (about 7 designs in a 1m row). I may have this all wrong but after watching a video on placement in craftsy, to get each design in the wright place, you print off the designs cut them out then place them where you want them. Each design she showed had a centre cross hair. I can only do this if I print each one individually which seems like such a waste of template sheets. I'v been told Janome software does this, so thought embrilliance might & I just didn't know how. I'v been thinking as long as I print one in the centre then the others around it I can use the centre one as a guide for centering the others. As you can tell I don't know much about this so when a friend said her janaome does it I automatically thought it was just something I hadn't learnt yet. The more I do the more I'll understand, I need to spend a little more time reading the manual.
Thanks for the help though

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Try watching this video showing how to use the Alignment tool to space and distribute a design evenly across the hoop area to form a border.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uoZv4-DegM

Does this help you.
EastWitch2

pollyanne

Post by pollyanne » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:41 pm

I watched the video & understand how to do that but I'm doing 7 3" designs, only 2 fit in my largest hoop so I have to re hoop & was worried I wouldn't get the spacing right when I re hooped. I was going to do them individually so I could get the spacing more accurate. It's working out well but time consuming, I'll try the 2 in the hoop next time. The video I watched showed how to centre each design individually with templates so you can get an idea of how it looks with the spacings etc. Not sure I'll do it this way next time. Still enjoying though just thought it would have been done a lot quicker. Might look for videos on continuous borders.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Lisa from the Embrilliance Team has a class at thre Crafty Website that may help you.
Here is the link to it.
http://www.craftsy.com/class/big-embroi ... AID=314743

Lisa also has a Blog and on one of her monthly Blogs she had instructions and a video about using alignment stitches to line up designs in Embrilliance software..
Here is the link to the Blog.
https://sewbubbles.wordpress.com/2013/04/

And the link to the her Video that goes with the above Blog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UGBHjB0ERI

Perhaps these will help you.
EastWitch2

pollyanne

Post by pollyanne » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:15 pm

I'v bought the class on the craftsy web site & looked at the blog, I'm sure I won't have any problems now, Thanks for that.