Stitch Artist requests

Things you discover along the way.
dartylady5

Stitch Artist requests

Post by dartylady5 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:39 pm

While I do love Stitch Artist, I wish there was a way to manually remove the portions of stitches that you want removed, and I wish you could show the individual steps in an applique design so adjustments could be made on the individual steps.

LorraineMc

Re: Stitch Artist requests

Post by LorraineMc » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 am

Agreed dartylady5...that would be a great feature. I also would like if I opened a ready made design to be able to see the stitch type, the density used and the stitch length ect. I think that type of information would be helpful to learn from and make it easier to see how designs go together and not just how to draw them and then have it be a hit and miss with all the other important components that go into a design again the stitch type, density, stitch length, underlay properties, pull compensation, ect.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:43 pm

LorraineMc wrote:Agreed dartylady5...that would be a great feature. I also would like if I opened a ready made design to be able to see the stitch type, the density used and the stitch length ect. I think that type of information would be helpful to learn from and make it easier to see how designs go together and not just how to draw them and then have it be a hit and miss with all the other important components that go into a design again the stitch type, density, stitch length, underlay properties, pull compensation, ect.

Hi LorraineMc

In Stitch Artist when you save a design you digitized if you use the Save As Stitch and Working file option then you always will have the information on density, stitch length, underlay, pull compensation used for the design in the saved Working File (be file).

If you find your saved Stitch File for the machine needs more adjustment for any of these properties then you can use the saved Working file (be file) of the design to make the changes needed.

If you do make changes to the original Working File (be file) make sure to save both the Stitch File and the Working file (be file) again using a different name that way you can compare the properties of each to see which changes worked best when test stitching the design on your machine.

It really is the job of the Digitizer to work out all the kinks and errors in a design they digitize not the software's job. This means Digitizers have to make adjustments to the design until it will stitch out smoothly when saved as a stitch file. Lots of testing and adjustments go into a design that will stitch out right.

Over time I think most Digitizers learn what properties will work for the different types of designs and for different fabrics and the adjustments would be less than when a Digitizer is just starting out learning digitizing.

EastWitch2

LorraineMc

Post by LorraineMc » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:13 am

TY as always EastWitch2! I get what you are referring to and understand how to work "basically" with a .be working file in SA and how to add, adjust and view areas of a design "I" created. I was referring to a design I "purchased". I would like to be able to look and see the settings that were used in another digitzer's design to see how to get the effect they did. It really would help me learn if I was able to open another digitizer's file and re-view the settings they used to create their design vs a continual hit and miss on my part and wind up wasting so much of my time reading the help section, watching videos and the cost of online classes then the material and thread to learn what settings work correctly. I have worked and stitched out a design now 5 times with different settings and still I am no where near a final product. All looks fine on the computer screen but no where near what it looks like stitched out. I love the product and plan to learn it. TY again for your reply :)

Tracy Gamel

Post by Tracy Gamel » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 am

An eraser!

Cyndi50

Post by Cyndi50 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 pm

I am just learning the program as an illustrator that's used Adobe Illustrator for years. The switching back and forth is a learning curve!

I'd love to see more shortcuts similar to what I do in Adobe Illustrator like a Zoom shortcut (cmd+ plus or minus sign)

Being able to delete a stitch layer in StitchArtist and not having to switch over to the main screen to be able to delete it

Scroll/arrow up and down through the objects stitches palette

A tool to let you delete anchors on the path of the stitches so it won't overlap.

Maybe some of these are things I can do, but I'm hoping to figure it out if so! :)

mparise

Post by mparise » Tue May 03, 2016 12:08 pm

I would like to see a rounded corner rectangle or square in the Library... :-)
:D

jzbosco

Post by jzbosco » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:10 pm

A capability to convert stitches in a fill to editable by node.

Pastergirl3

Post by Pastergirl3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:40 am

I too would LOVE to see rounded corners on square and rectangle shapes in the library!!!!!

Wilder

Post by Wilder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:22 am

That is a great idea! However, until that request is considered, using the drawing tools, these would be easy to create on your own. :) Simply convert the corners to curve and use the Bezier handles to adjust them as desired.