Unexpected feature of StitchArtist

Things you discover along the way.
MacStitch

Unexpected feature of StitchArtist

Post by MacStitch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 pm

First, I must say that StitchArtist is the easiest and most intuitive digitizer that I've ever worked with - simply fun to play with. But there's an added benefit! I've always used Photoshop and exported stitch design pictures to arrange designs on shirts and simulate the end result - can be tedious. Now, I can bring the shirt photo into StitchArtist, resize to actual size on screen (helps that I have a 27" screen), lock it, paste embroidery file which is actual size on my calibrated screen and move, rotate, recolor, etc. until I get the effect that I want. Brilliant side effect!
Betty

Nanasews

Re: Unexpected feature of StitchArtist

Post by Nanasews » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:53 am

I have to agree with you about stitch artist being user friendly, I am fairly new to this, although I have dabbled in other programs which I will not mention here. I just love Embrilliance !!and the helping hands on the forum always happy to give advice.
I have thought about incorporating a photo into this, of course printed photo on inkjet fabric, then using the tools to make a border around it.
A stitch in time saves 9

sn315on

Post by sn315on » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 am

That's a great thing to know, MacStitch. Thank you! I'm just getting around to learning how to use it fully. I too have Photoshop, so I'll see what I can do with both. :)
Sara

GigiRitch

Post by GigiRitch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 pm

That is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!! I've used photoshop and illustrator forever. So i'm new to this sort of software. I did lots and lots of research before paying for this, StitchArtist1. and I LOVE IT! so thank you for sharing the unexpected trick. :) So I do have one question that I can't seem to find the answer to. All i have right now is just stitchartist not any other software. Am I able to upload(open) already made embroidery files? I have 3 .hus files saved to my desktop but they wont open. Is it the file extension? or is it that I can't use stitchartist to open? thanks so much! i'm sure it's an idiotic question. haha :D