Is there a way to go back and edit design in StitchArtist?

Your questions answered here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to go back and edit design in StitchArtis

Post by Admin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm

The nodes have never been lost in any testing for many years, but I can guess between two apparent causes based on the little I read:

1.) You may have opened the PES file and then saved it 'over' the BE file you had previously. Unfortunately there is no reasonable way for the program to know what you are replacing - so if you've adjusted something in the stitch file, use the menu File->Save Stitch File As... and that will solve that problem - it is a great habit to get into, rather than saving using the Save Button. Unless of course, you have separated the BE file into another folder (also highly recommended!)

2.) When you load a BE file back in, you won't see the nodes until you click the SA button on the toolbar.

Now, if you click on an object loaded in the 'lumped together' file, and you have only Color as a property - then it is apparent that you have loaded a BE file with only stitches in it - a consequence of #1.

I hope this helps. Yes, we've all suffered save issues on computers - my (oh my!) 42 years of computing has seen enough to make me scream. And has many times.

Happy Holidays!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

LHarrison

Post by LHarrison » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:37 am

I wonder has this been answered? Looking through the forum trying to find an answer to this problem. I discovered switching from design to stitch editing (Enthusiast) I lost the properties in design mode, and I also lost the properties in design mode when I combined designs. Can this issue be resolved maybe in an update?

sweetpeapam

Post by sweetpeapam » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm

LHarrison, I am with you. I know how I saved my designs and it still happens. Not all the time, but usually when I shut my program down and go back into it later. Someone really needs to trust us, the users, when we complain about whats happening on this issue.

Pastergirl3

Re: Is there a way to go back and edit design in StitchArtist?

Post by Pastergirl3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am

the same thing happened to me. properties just disappeared.

Wilder

Post by Wilder » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:42 pm

It looks like you have this worked out. Normally, however, you would only need to open the saved .be file and select the create button. Then, you should be able to do whatever editing you would like.

gedeyenite

Post by gedeyenite » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:06 pm

So I keep having this recurring problem as well. I spent hours yesterday editing an image, then bringing the image into Stitch Artist to digitize. I was about 90% done (hours of work) and all of the sudden I was no longer able to edit the fills. Additionally, I had named each 'stitch shape' in the Objects Panel, so that I could easily color and sort them. When I lost the ability to edit fills, Stitch Artist also erased the naming convention I had used. Two objects changed the name to the thread colors, and the rest went black.

This is so absolutely frustrating, and it has happened nearly everytime I have tried to do a digitization. It drives me away from using this software for months at a time.

gedeyenite

Post by gedeyenite » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm

sweetpeapam wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm
LHarrison, I am with you. I know how I saved my designs and it still happens. Not all the time, but usually when I shut my program down and go back into it later. Someone needs to trust us, the users, when we complain about whats happening on this issue.
This happened to me today. My Embrilliance/Stitch Artist crashes two to three times during extended periods of use, e.g., digitizing, and I lose all the ability to edit/tweak my shapes, fills, lines, etc.

hsbdobergirl

Post by hsbdobergirl » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 am

Have you opened up a ticket with support? It seems that if this is a recurring problem but that would be the way to go