adding shapes to library

Your questions answered here
EileenStrom

adding shapes to library

Post by EileenStrom » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 pm

How does one about adding additional usable shapes to the library?
For instance, I would love to have a clipped or curved corner square or rectangle that I could use to make a satin border with for applique work around some of my rectangular and square designs. A circle or oval just doesn't work, and 90 degree corners just looks to harsh.
Thanks!

peg1950

Re: adding shapes to library

Post by peg1950 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 am

I would love to know how this is done as well. Seems that no one is around to answer the question. Thanks!

Gillis.R

Post by Gillis.R » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm also searching how to edit the library and think I have a workaround. In StitchArtist 3 it's possible to create, import and export vector files as SVG. Feel free to download and test my library at <www.3dcar.com/mc/brodyr/>.

To import: Click the button "Vector..." in StitchArtist 3.
To export: Go to menu File / Export Outlines...

It's also possible to export the shapes from the existing library.

EileenStrom

Post by EileenStrom » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:09 pm

And if you do not have stitchartist 3?

Gillis.R

Post by Gillis.R » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:11 pm

In StitchArtist 1 & 2 it is more difficult, nearly impossible to manage vector files but there is a small solution.

Make your own vector files and save them as normal working files (.be). Now you can copy and paste the vector objects between several tabs in Embrilliance. I have updated my own library as .be on my website.

Gillis.R

Post by Gillis.R » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:01 pm

I have deleted the .be file from my website because I see personal information such as my own name inside the .be file. This is a shame, it would be fun to share .be files as vector libraries but not if these files contains personal information.

In this case, it's possible to make own library as .be files in StitchArtist 1 but I strongly recommend not to share these files.