Program keeps crashing in Stitch Artist

Your questions answered here
ktatem

Program keeps crashing in Stitch Artist

Post by ktatem » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:00 pm

I am brand spanking new to Stitch Artist and fairly new to Embrilliance in general. I want to say I love love love Embrilliance. I tried a few other programs via their trials and not a single one of them was as intuitive and easy to pick up as Embrilliance has been. It's a really well designed program and I am so glad for the expertise and skill of your team.

I'm finding Stitch Artist a bit harder to pick up but not as hard as it could be. My background is in digital art so Bezier curves are second nature to me. Layering and density and order are all new things for me to think about, however :). I keep running into a consistent issue when I go to Create --> Outlines --> Close Outlines. I've included a screen shot so you can see exactly what's going on. It only crashes when I do this yet I know I used that command successfully last night (not with the Magic Wand tool selected, however). Am I misusing the program in some way or missing a critical step? At any rate I seem to have discovered a bug as I'm pretty sure crashing reliably is not part of standard use and operation ;)

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Intel processor, 8GB of RAM.

Thanks much!

Imageerror by Kellie, on Flickr

BJBaugh

Re: Program keeps crashing in Stitch Artist

Post by BJBaugh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Now, I use a Mac but I had same problem after downloading Stitch Artist - particularly when trying truetype fonts. I sent Essentials tech teal the crash file and they eventually fixed the problem. No crashes since downloading newest version - 1.156 Date 1/30/17.