Font size - adjusting compensation with Enthusiast

Like the name says.
The Sewing Room

Font size - adjusting compensation with Enthusiast

Post by The Sewing Room » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:54 pm

I have a font that I downloaded and after I stitched it out, I wanted it thicker. Size, etc. was ok in the patch I was making but I don't know what to do, or where I might be able to adjust this in Embrilliance. Can someone help me out? The font was not one loaded from Embrilliance, but one that I bought through another company, but it was in the bx. file. Thanks

NOTE: this post was originally in the AlphaTricks forum, but is related to Enthusiast so we moved a copy here for the archives ~LS

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Font size

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 am

Hello The Sewing Room!

The BX file is just a mechanism to add designs to the program - fonts go into the Lettering module and embroidery designs like the Moddies in the Share ! forum go into the Library. Just wanted to clarify that the fact the alphabet your purchased was in the BX format doesn't have anything to do with the actual design properties. A BX file can contain stitch files (PES, HUS, JEF etc) or BE files (like the Moddies) that were created in an Embrilliance program so they contain object information that can be modified. Think of the BX format as an installer program. All it does is install "something" to your Embrilliance software.

SO to answer your specific question, the alphabet you purchased was of a specific size in a stitch file format (mapped and packaged to a BX file). Unlike fonts that are created in Embrilliance (the built in Fonts1 of Essentials or Font Collection 1 for example) that have the Stitch tab option to change underlay, density, fill type, and compensation, imported/merged stitch files do not have any of these adjustors.

However, with the Stitch editing of Enthusiast, you can adjust the "compensation" for any selection. In the picture below, I created some text from a font I had mapped - same as a BX file. I made two copies of the text so you can see the original (top) and then the adjusted one below.
compensation lettering.png
compensation lettering.png (238.28 KiB) Viewed 4615 times
Using the lasso in the Stitch Editor of Enthusiast, I selected what I wanted to adjust (the green line shows what my selection was) and then slide the compensation slider bar to the far right. As soon as you release the slider, your adjustment is made and unselected so you can't see where the slider was - this is why I added the arrows highlights.

Selecting the entire name made the overall adjustment, but as you can see in this screen capture, you can adjust any selection. As a note, I turned OFF the View > Stitch Points in the lettering picture above to make it less distracting. Below I turned it on. Seeing the stitch points makes it easier to see what you are or have selected.
compensation.png
compensation.png (359.19 KiB) Viewed 4615 times
This is part of the Enthusiast feature pack that can be added to Essentials.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

TheAppliquePatch

Re: Font size - adjusting compensation with Enthusiast

Post by TheAppliquePatch » Tue May 06, 2014 3:12 pm

I am looking at your screen show of the heart. I have several designs purchased online that are not that great and need a little help. Mainly, the satin stitching is too narrow.
I tried using your instructions but the compensation slide always goes back to the center so how does a person change an element to make it stitch out wider?

Thank you,
Jan

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Font size - adjusting compensation with Enthusiast

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 am

Yes, the slider goes back to center, but the stitches you selected on screen are adjusted.

1. Be sure you make a selection before you use the compensation slider

2. Zoom in to see close up

3. If you need further assistance, please us the Contact Us form to speak with someone in tech support.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!