Mylar Stain Glass

Embroidery designs shared by users!
Embrilliance (.be) files only.
Forum rules
All projects and designs need to have used something Embrilliant in them, and must be original work.
JimK
Mylar Stain Glass

Post by JimK » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would try my hand at standalone Mylar so I created this design. I used a wash away stabilizer and the same color thread on both top and bottom. I did this so that I could hang it in a window and have the affect on both sides.

I hope everyone likes it.

Thanks,
Jim
Attachments
mylar02.be
(23.82KiB)Downloaded 897 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (196.78KiB)Viewed 9743 times

CarolynRollberg

Re: Mylar Stain Glass

Post by CarolynRollberg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Thank you. Nice design.
Carolyn

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:47 pm

This is a lovely design Jim.

I was able to bring it up in the Alpha Tricks program and noticed that there are several color stops in the design.

Can this design be color sorted in Essentials and would that affect the out come of stitching the design in any way?

Also did you just place one sheet of one color of the Mylar on the water soluble and then stitch the whole design out on the Mylar?

If you used more than one color of Mylar could you post some information of how and where in the design you placed the different colors of mylar to stitch the design out.

East Witch

JimK

Post by JimK » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi East Witch,

The color stops are there so you can easily tear away the mylar. I used 6 colors of Mylar and then a matching thread color so that the design would sew out so you could put in a window. You can get different colors of Mylar at Nancy's Notions or through any sewing store that sells Tacony products.

Thanks a lot for your kind words about the design.

Enjoy,

Jim

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:06 pm

So the odd color number stops such as 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. are really used to tack the different colors of mylar down and then you remove the excess mylar before astitching over the mylar .
Is this rightJim?

EastWitch2

JimK

Post by JimK » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi,

Stitches 1, 3, 5 and so forth are outlines to show where you will place the mylar, you will then place your mylar down let the machine go through the outline, fill and then outline again. the reason for the last outline is a 1.5mm stitch making it easy to tearaway.

Hope you enjoy the design.

Jim

AbiJ

Post by AbiJ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Beautiful.
It's very Tudor so fits lovely with my town's image.
Thank you
:-)