Emb 1.142 Won't Write Designer 1 Stick

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
MindyW
Emb 1.142 Won't Write Designer 1 Stick

Post by MindyW » Tue May 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Please help! I am running Emb Essentials 1.142 on my Mac, and am trying to create a Designer 1 Stick. When I write the files to the stick, they write as "MacBinary Archive" files, NOT the design files and required menus, etc. for the Designer 1. I am using the Designer 1 Disk Utility within Essentials to format and create the stick. I have created Designer 1 sticks previously with prior versions of Essentials, and it worked perfectly. Why won't it now write the correct files? I know my Designer 1 will not read a MacBinary Archive file! Any help greatly appreciated!

Mac

Re: Emb 1.142 Won't Write Designer 1 Stick

Post by Mac » Wed May 20, 2015 8:56 am

The files on the USB Stick are named VFD.BIN and then VFD00.BIN thru VFD11.BIN and this is correct.

The embroidery designs are inside the VFDxx.BIN files ... you cannot see them but the D1 can.

The Mac thinks anything with a .BIN extension is a MacBinary Archive. Ignore this.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

MindyW

Post by MindyW » Wed May 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Thank you, Mac! The comment about "MacBinary Archive" really threw me!

rvmama

Post by rvmama » Sat May 23, 2015 9:47 pm

I read your post MindyW I'm using a Mac also and I am a brand new user. So when I read MAC's response to ignore this.... you seemed satisfied with this answer. I don't get it.. My .Bin files on my stick.. I click on them and click again and get a VFD.BIN.cpgz still doesn't get me a design opened where I can see or do anything with it. I tried to select one file and have it write... but nothing. ?? I'm lost

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon May 25, 2015 10:10 am

You cannot open the .BIN files that are written by The D1 Disk Utility with the Mac Finder ... you are confusing yourself. These .BIN files are a special internal structure that only the D1 can read.

What is it that you are trying to do? What do you sense as a problem?

Embrilliance has been making D1 USB sticks and D1 Floppies for years and all other D1 users have no problem.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"