Brand New to Digitizing

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
stephya

Brand New to Digitizing

Post by stephya » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:43 am

Hi,
I have been machine embroidering for a very long time now but have never learned to digitize because there are so many fabulous designs for sale at reasonable prices, which I know will sew out very well.
However, I think the time has come to learn to digitize as I am often asked for specific embroidery designs - a logo or a character from a show etc, and, of course, I cant oblige.
I have just downloaded the Embrilliance software but find the 180 or so tuition pages somewhat off putting. I just don't know where to start.
Will this software allow me to take an image, say from the internet, and have it automatically digitized? That might me a good place to start, but I imagine it's not that simple.
Can anyone advise me where to start as an absolute beginner please? Thanks so much.

raksmum

Re: Brand New to Digitizing

Post by raksmum » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 pm

I am considering the Embrilliance program but, like you, would wonder where a person should start. I could be wrong but I think I read under the Essentials program that it does not do auto-digitizing which is something I was looking for as well.

Hopefully someone with knowledge will answer this questions for us.

Good luck in learning the program!

KimG

Re: Brand New to Digitizing

Post by KimG » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:50 am

There are quite a few youtube videos that Brian and Lisa have made for Stitch Artist and all of the Embrilliance products. They are very informative. If you select the Home button above, that will take you to the Embrilliance home page. On the left side there is a menu. If you select Video, under the More section, that will take you to a menu of the BritonLeap youtube videos or you can go to this link http://www.youtube.com/BriTonLeap Hope this helps