Betty - Thank goodness you are a mindreader. That is exactly what I want but I cannot get it to work.
Here are the steps I took:
1. I opened the file with the .be extension.
2. Clicked on it, to where the black squares came up with the dashes in between
3. Went to the pull down menu, clicked ungroup
4. went back to my design and it is still all grouped. I can move the whole thing up and down, left, right, whatever....
2. I have closed it out, repeated step 2, without the bold dots and the same thing happens.
I can click inside, hold the left moue down and I get the fine line that I can enlarge to go around the font, but then if I let off the mouse the line goes away. I have also tried to use the fine black line around the lettering, then hit "command U" with my left hand and still nothing works.
I'm sure I am missing a step. Thanks for all your help!