Janome 550E and Embrilliance software

Things that are not related specifically to Embrilliance can go here. Discussions about free designs, machine issues and other things, not related to embroidery software.
Forum rules
Discussion of machines and free design downloads allowed. No embroidery software, please, other than Embrilliance, but those topics should be kept in the proper forum.
KGL

Janome 550E and Embrilliance software

Post by KGL » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:49 am

I just recently purchased a Janome 550E. I have the Embrilliance software which I use exclusively for quilt labels and designs and have for several years. I previously had a Brother PE770. My first label on the Janome 550E was a problem, thread breakage, loops on the letters, bobbin thread coming to the top, etc.... I have worked many hours trying to fix the problems. I took the Janome back to the dealer for them to say the problem is my software/design not the machine. I continued to have the problems and finally figured out there is an issue with the sensor. When the auto thread cutter is turned on, I continually get thread break errors when the thread is not broken. If I turn the auto thread cutter off this doesn't happen and it sews just fine. I am bringing the machine back to the dealer for further investigation but he asked that I sew something using the fonts built into the machine prior to bringing in the machine. I have done that with the auto thread cutter on and the thread break error never happened. I fear once again they will say it is my design/software to which I have to say I don't want the machine if I can't use my embrilliance. Has anyone had an issue like this and if so what was the outcome?