opening designs in Essentials

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Kathleen.S

opening designs in Essentials

Post by Kathleen.S » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:38 am

I had an embroidery program before purchasing Embrillance, which I just yesterday. I deleted my old program but when I try to open a design it asks me what program I want to open the design in and I cannot find Embrillance to open it.
I want to be able to click on the design and have it open automatically in Embrillance. Unless I am doing something wrong, isn't that how I open a design or do I go into Embrillance and open the file.
Just a newbie here and thank you for any advice you can give.

txdobergirl

Re: opening designs in Essentials

Post by txdobergirl » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:34 am

If you are using Windows you need to set your default file type to embrilliance. If you don't know how to do that Google how to set default file type in Windows

Kathleen.S

Post by Kathleen.S » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:40 am

I tried doing that but was unable to find Embrillance in my settings

Kathleen.S

Post by Kathleen.S » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:52 am

txdobergirl wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:34 am
If you are using Windows you need to set your default file type to embrilliance. If you don't know how to do that Google how to set default file type in Windows
I go into default apps and look for embrillance and cannot find it. it says if you cannot find it you may have to go to Microsoft store for the app. I am pretty good at computers but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I was thinking of uninstalling and installing the program thinking it may automatically do it.
Thank you for any advice you can give.

txdobergirl

Post by txdobergirl » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Did you look under other apps? If it's not listed there then do a search for embrilliance.EXE and point it to that directory and application.

txdobergirl

Post by txdobergirl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:07 am

Go and look and see what those file extensions are assigned to right now. Google find default file type programs in Windows. If something is already assigned to this file type uninstalling and reinstalling I doubt will help. You would not find the in embrilliance executable in settings. You need to go to Windows Explorer go to your root directory or the C directory and search for embrilliance.EXE. assuming it is installed correctly then you would go to the default file types and point the file type to that directory and that executable.