Compatible reader/writer box

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Laurals
Compatible reader/writer box

Post by Laurals » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi. I'm kind of new to this. I saw this software and it looked very easy for me to learn on. So far i'm doing really well with it. But I do have one question. I need to get my pes design to my Brother 8200. Is the basic ped compatible with this software. Thanks for your help. Laura

sandimacd

Re: Compatible reader/writer box

Post by sandimacd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:08 pm

I have designs in PES versions 5-8 and have been able to move all of them over to my Baby Lock via USB. They show up and can be stitched out. Is that what you are asking? If your Brother doesn't recognize the PES files you have saved in EE you may need a specific or lower PES version. In that case you could try Convert It Mac to convert it to a lower version PES. You will need to know what PES version your Brother uses.
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

Laurals

Post by Laurals » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:45 pm

My brother machine is ancient, at least 15 years old. It's a brother 8200.they didn't even have USB back then. lol
I probably have only 10 hours on it. I was just wondering if I can use basic pro to send my designs to my machine after using Embrilliance. Thanks laura

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi, Laurals,
I was just wondering if I can use basic pro to send my designs to my machine after using Embrilliance.
Yep, you sure can!

Because your question might seem obvious, let me add some detail to the answer:

PE-Design / Palette files, which most know as .PES files, come in versions. Depending on the version of your PED Basic, you will only be able to read that version and earlier (probably). However, your machine only needs 4"x4" (100mm x 100mm) designs.

Most conversion software will write designs of that size into a version 1.0 .PES file.
There is an advanced feature we offer called, "Use Pes 5.0 for real thread colors." This is nice because you are not stuck with only Brother Embroidery thread colors in the file, which were limited to 64 or so.

Now, PE-Design and Palette owners could have any version, including 2, 3 and 4, none of which would read that version 5.0 file.
However, I don't think PED Basic came out until after 5.0, so I think you are good to go even with that preference, which is really nice.

Someday, someone else will Google and this answer and it will be useful, I just know it.
Cheers!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Laurals

Post by Laurals » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

I knew my question did seem obvious. But I was clueless. You gave me the answer I wanted. I'm going to buy ped basic right now. Thanks so much. Laura