Adding more Fonts

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Laurals
Adding more Fonts

Post by Laurals » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 pm

I have about a dozen fonts I would like to use. Can I add them to the font list somehow ? Thanks, Laura

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding more Fonts

Post by Admin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi, Laurals,

The fonts in the list are keyboard lettering which has been digitized within the Embrilliance system. Those fonts generate stitches as you create and edit the lettering objects.

Other fonts which are simply regular designs are not part of the keyboard lettering in Embrilliance.

We have seen other software that let's you 'import' which file goes to which letter, but we have not implemented that sort of thing in Essentials. Mostly because of the confusion it would create - regular designs as letters do not have the many stitch options available through the Embrilliance lettering. So, it needs to be a separate feature and has that much more to teach.

Still, you can use them, all the same - when you Merge Stitch File from the toolbar (on the right) you can select the multiple letters needed for your monogram, etc, and click Import which will bring them all in. Then you will just have to place them ( Yes manually, but you have to do that anyway even with the 'imported' version because of kerning) around to make your words.

I would suggest laying out the regular designs first and then adding keyboard lettering last, because that is easiest to adjust to the layout of the rest of your composition.
-b

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Alyson

Post by Alyson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm a new user as well and....

In response to: "Still, you can use them, all the same - when you Merge Stitch File from the toolbar (on the right) you can select the multiple letters needed for your monogram, etc, and click Import which will bring them all in. Then you will just have to place them ( Yes manually, but you have to do that anyway even with the 'imported' version because of kerning) around to make your words."

Nothing happens when I try to import the fonts. Do they need to be in a specific format (mine are in .DST) or do I need to select the "A" (lettering) from the toolbar first, then merge file? Thanks

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:38 am

doubleclick.jpg
Merge window
doubleclick.jpg (63.15KiB)Viewed 5381 times
Double-clicking on a file brings it into the current page.
currentpage.jpg
currentpage.jpg (177.17KiB)Viewed 5381 times

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"