Metro and using downloaded Alpha's

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Bowlinggrama
Metro and using downloaded Alpha's

Post by Bowlinggrama » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Can you come out with a list for Metro on the thread list? I use Metro and love it.

Also, is there a way to use our own fonts with this program? I have hundreds of Alpha's I've purchased over the years and would like to use them. Do I have to buy just your fonts?

Nancy

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Metro and using downloaded Alpha's

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Metro does not have RGBs for us yet. We've asked earlier this year.
As far as fonts - there are two kinds:

Keyboard lettering, which are pre-digitized fonts like what we include or sell as a Font Collection.
Regular embroidery designs.

If you have keyboard lettering for some other program, then it will only work with that program.

Any regular embroidery fonts such as "A.pes" can be merged in like any other embroidery design.
We have considered a feature that maps embroidery files to keyboard lettering, but are not sure how many people would actually use it.
Any votes on the topic are welcome.
Regards,
-B

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

smilingwoman

Re: Metro and using downloaded Alpha's

Post by smilingwoman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:30 pm

I currently own Embrilliance Thumbnailer that I use on my MacBook Pro. I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer SELE for embroidery work. I have purchased several fonts through designers such as Sonia Showalter, DigiStitches and Five Star Fonts. I want to be able to create multi-line "samplers" for children, births and weddings. Mapping these fonts to the keyboard is a feature I am looking for and would very much want in whatever software I buy.