embroideryworks everyday compared to embrilliance essentials

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Jeanie
embroideryworks everyday compared to embrilliance essentials

Post by Jeanie » Sun May 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Can you give me some idea how the new Designer's Gallery Embroidery works EveryDay compares to Embrilliance Essentials? My dealer is excited about the new Emb Works Everyday and keeps wanting me to switch to a PC so I can use it. She thinks I'm missing out on so much by using a Mac and everything in the store relates to PC use. SInce all I know is my Mac and have started out using Embrilliance, I don't know how to compare/contrast the two programs. I really hope Embrilliance for Macs will soon allow us to import fonts we've purchased elsewhere and easily use them within the program. Jeanie
Proud army mom & "gigi".. Jeanie B

Mac

Re: embroideryworks everyday compared to embrilliance essent

Post by Mac » Fri May 25, 2012 9:49 pm

I cannot speak out of school but consider that we make Embrilliance for Mac and DG EmbroideryWorks for Windows. We care about our Mac customers and potential Mac customers and believe they should have DG EmbroideryWorks for the Mac as well. <wink, wink>

Mac
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Designer's Gallery has a greater reach in the US than Embrilliance, however Embrilliance is sold worldwide whereas DG is not.
So we make two brands. Like Toyota and Lexus, Honda and Acura, Nissan and Infiniti, Ford and Mercury, etc.

There are more features in EmbroideryWorks Everyday than in Essentials, hence the price difference. And EmbroideryWorks Advanced has even more than that. As DG is the 'Big Sister' brand, some things simply come out first there. It doesn't mean they won't show up in Embrilliance. Nor does it mean they get everything first. They did get Font Importing, Design Splitting and Thread Chart creation, along with some patented-for-DG features such as Density Map, Stitch Perfect, Project Advisor and the Sweep. Some of those features will be available soon in an Embrilliance product, including (I know you'll ask) design splitting.

DG is aware of the Mac market, and as we are the most experienced embroidery software company with Mac, it stands to reason that Mac versions are on their way sooner or later. So if you are friendly with your Baby Lock US dealer, ask them to keep you posted.

The people at DG are nice, and they know some US customers who might like to get DG but already have Embrilliance, and they are working on equitable ways to help people transition. When we hear something firm we'll let you know. You can also ask them directly through the http://www.designersgallerysoftware.com website. Their e-news is nice to sign up for, and they have freebies, projects, etc.

All I can honestly say beyond that is 'stay tuned'.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Jeanie

Post by Jeanie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 pm

I learned today that DG Embroidery Works Everyday and Advanced will soon be available for MAC users. Tempting.....
Proud army mom & "gigi".. Jeanie B

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Actually it has been released. The Designer's Gallery website will have the download for Mac users next week.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"