A Rookie Question, too.

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
jgille1072
A Rookie Question, too.

Post by jgille1072 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 am

I am VERY NEW to machine embroidery and running the Express mode and I was wondering, how to open a .pes file in Embrillance do I have to purchase the full version? I have unzipped my embroidery file, but when I try to open it in Embrillance it only shows .be files and of course, I don't have one. Thanks for your patience!

NurseJFW

Re: A Rookie Question, too.

Post by NurseJFW » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:29 am

I have the same problem. I am unsure of how to use embrilliance and am on a steep learning curve here. I have a thumb drive full of all my patterns from my PC. We just switched over to a Mac, so was hoping they'd all be able to transfer over. No such luck so far.

MacStitch

Re: A Rookie Question, too.

Post by MacStitch » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 am

The express mode is there just so that you can view .be files created by someone who has the full program. In my opinion, it should not be available. It just confuses people. It is not a demo of the actual program. In fact, I almost did not buy the 'real' program after running the Express mode many months ago.
The bottom line is that I did eventually buy Embrilliance and I am so glad that I did. I love its organization, structure, and ease of use. The only time I crank up my Windows machine is to do stitch level editing. I use Embrilliance everyday to combine, colorize, view, resize, remove unwanted objects, add new objects, etc. It truly is a well-designed program. There is a promised upgrade that is due out any day that will address some bug fixes and requested features. Go for the real thing!