possible new user of Embrilliance

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Tina in Alabama
possible new user of Embrilliance

Post by Tina in Alabama » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I am new to embroidery, I have catalog it, edit and stitch, and personalize n stitch. I am VERY frustrated!!! I have PC and MAC, would love to just use my MAC, I have been trying and trying to get all this figured out. Is embrilliance easier? Is it the only program I need? I do not know why I have had so many problems with the software that was supposed to be so easy. Maybe I am not even sure how to organize my files I did not think I was computer illiterate but I have been wondering. I would appreciate any advice you would give me on this. Oh and can I get the designs from my PC to my MAC with essentials? Thank you, Sorry I sound frazzled ( to say it nicely) but I am!!!

MacStitch

Re: possible new user of Embrilliance

Post by MacStitch » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi Tina,
I'm a Mac user and love Embrilliance. I find that it does 99% of what I need. When I need to do some serious editing (very rarely), I crank up my Windows machine and run another program there. It's hard to say if Embrilliance will do everything you need without knowing what all you intend to do. I edit, resize, view, color, combine, print, etc. my designs in Embrilliance - quickly and simply. It does a great job. I would suggest, though, that you head over to www.sewforum.com and start reading the huge volume of posts. You may even ask questions. I started embroidering 4 years ago and learned everything from reading Sewforum.
Good luck with your wonderful new hobby,
Betty

Tina in Alabama

Post by Tina in Alabama » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Thank you so much for the info, another question concerning MAC, Do you have to have an unzip program like win zip or pkzip? if so what is a good one for MAC?

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:50 pm

That, like most everything else is built into the Mac. Just double click a file to unzip, or select and choose 'Open' or Command 'o'. Before purchasing any programs, do some more research-- Sewforum or other forums.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:03 pm

I just saw the part of your message about moving your files to a Mac. You do not need any program to do that. The embroidery file itself is the same, whether on a Mac or a PC. If you are networked, just drag them over. If you are not networked, you can use a flash drive. Copy the files from the PC to the flash drive. Then insert the flash drive into the Mac and copy to the Mac. If you have your files organized in folders, drag the folders as well. There are lots of tips for file organizing at various sites - Sewforum and Embroidery Library, for example. An icon viewer is also nice to have. With Mac, they are available in various Finder views - normal, quick look, cover-flow, etc. One good one is for sale here. There is also a free plug-in available elsewhere.

Tina in Alabama

Post by Tina in Alabama » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 am

I hate to keep asking questions, I have been looking around on sew forum, thank you for telling me about it, If I did decide to go ahead and purchase, do I need EE and thumb nailer and convert it? I have read so much!!! MACSTITCH you have been a wonderful help to me.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:04 am

You need EE and a thumb nailer is nice to have. What brand of machine do you have, or rather, what is the format of your embroidery files?

Tina in Alabama

Post by Tina in Alabama » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm

I have a Babylock Ellissimo that uses PES