Appliques

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
MortandMel
Appliques

Post by MortandMel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

I've loaded a applique .pes file into the essentials program and have sucessfully saved the file. When I begin stitching the design, rather than stopping after the placement stitching to apply the fabric it continues stitching the remaining 2 designs. How do I get it to stop in order to place the applique fabric? Thanks for your help in advance. I am a rookie at this. :D

MacStitch

Re: Appliques

Post by MacStitch » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:36 am

If the 3 steps were separate in the .be file, but all the same color, the color sort function would combine them when saved to .pes if you have the program defaulting to color sorting. If the original file does not have stops, you can insert them by going to the stitch simulator, stepping through to each stopping place, clicking the 'stop' button and changing the color. After doing this in the two stop areas, you will have your 3 steps. Just remember, anytime you have consecutive objects set to stitch with the same color, the program will combine them by default.

MortandMel

Re: Appliques

Post by MortandMel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Thanks so much. That was the problem. The program combined all three. Thanks again. Beware, I will probably have more questions as I learn how to embroider.