Essentials vs Enthusiast

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
LorraineMc
Essentials vs Enthusiast

Post by LorraineMc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:46 am

I have Essentials and absolutely LOVE it! I have looked and read everything on the website about Essentials and Enthusiast. Enthusiast does have some very wonderful, cool things! I understand "each" program works as an independent program...as well as both programs will work together for even more possibilities. What I am baffled over and my question is: What "features" does Essentials have....that Enthusiast doesn't have? Thank you in advance for your reply.

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Essentials vs Enthusiast

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Since you have Essentials you could add Enthusiast to your program. If you do NOT have Essentials and just had Enthusiast, you would be missing all of the "essential" functions - resizing, all the lettering fonts, automatic removal of underlapping stitches when you merge designs, basting the design, the project advisor etc.

Hope this helps!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

LorraineMc

Post by LorraineMc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Thank you Lisa...I really still remain baffled (sorry) seems the only difference is that Essentials has fonts included. I am questioning why an upgrade was not offered to Essential owners since most is included in Enthusiast

Ashley Morrison

Post by Ashley Morrison » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:32 pm

I have a question please I am new to embroidery and use a mac so been thinking for a few months about buying essentials, but now I've seen mention enthusiast

Can I bypass essentials now and just use enthusiast or do I need essentials first

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Ashley Morrison wrote:I have a question please I am new to embroidery and use a mac so been thinking for a few months about buying essentials, but now I've seen mention enthusiast

Can I bypass essentials now and just use enthusiast or do I need essentials first
Do you have any embroidery software such as a great basic design editing program that allows you to merge designs, resize designs with stitch recalculation add lettering to designs, make names or monograms with lettering, merge text or names with a design, save other stitch design formats to the stitch file format that your machine uses?
These are just some of the functions of Essentials.

If you are just learning embroidery then I would suggest that Essentials might be the better program for you right now and when you are more familiar with embroidery and ready for more advanced design editing features you can always add the Enthusiast program to Essentials later.

Enthusiast doesn't include many of the features that are included in Essentials.

EastWitch2

Ashley Morrison

Post by Ashley Morrison » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Ok thank you so I need essentials first

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Ashley
If you don't have any software that allows you to work with embroidery design stitch files then yes Essentilas would be a good program to start with.
EastWitch2

Cindy B. Ball

Post by Cindy B. Ball » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:31 pm

I have Essentials on one computer and I would like to have it on a desktop and laptop. If I buy Enthusiast, it will be on both computers but Essential will still be only on one....I wish I had a comparison of the 2 software programs. Is there any help online? Thank you

SewingSylph

Post by SewingSylph » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:40 am

@Cindy B. Ball If I interpret your question correctly, you needn't worry because your purchase licenses can be used on both your laptop and desktop. Download the latest version onto both, enter your serial numbers onto both, and you're all set equally with all components you purchased on both!

While I don't know if there's a side-by-side comparison of Essentials and Enthusiast, this link http://embrilliance.com/products/enthusiast shows the features of Enthusiast. Once again, each device will have Essentials and Enthusiast on it.