Essentials vs DG studio plus

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Jackie Parr
Essentials vs DG studio plus

Post by Jackie Parr » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:41 pm

I have a Janome 300E that uses the compact flash card and Designers Gallery Studio plus and sizeworks. From what I understand I would need both CIM and Essentials to have the same. Or in essentials can you view and read, write to a card and print out the design and color chart. Or can I write to a card at all, do I have to have a machine that uses a USB. Do these programs run on the Mac as stand alone or do I need fushon or parallels? I am totally confused at this point. Just got a Mac and trying to learn it as well. It sounds like the Essentials is basically the same as Studio Plus but has sizeworks and the remove hidden stitches, but I am not sure about viewing and writing with it. Thanks for any help. Jackie

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Essentials vs DG studio plus

Post by Admin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Both Convert It, Mac and Essentials programs will make it so you can use your Janome 300E with Mac. At issue are the hidden files Mac OSX puts on the card. So with either program, you put files on the card, then rather than ejecting the card, simply remove it. This will make it ready to use in the Janome.

Both print templates and color lists.

The programs serve different purposes, however. You are right that Convert It, Mac serves on Mac like a Studio-style browser. Essentials allows for customizing of designs with merge, lettering etc.

The whole idea of these programs, from a Mac perspective, is that you will not need Parallels etc. And of course, you get Windows versions too.
Please look over the help and the pdf files. For Essentials these are available in the downloads folder. For Convert It, Mac take a look over at www.MacEmb.com

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

sandimacd

Post by sandimacd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Just to be clear, can I use Essentials to save it to the USB? I would rather not launch CIM just to move the file.
Does EE also remove the MAC scripting file when it saves it to the USB or hard drive?
What if I use EE to save it to my MAC's hard drive. Can I move that saved file directly from there to the USB in Finder? Or do I need to launch EE or CIM to OPEN then SAVE the file to USB?
Sandi in MT
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm

EE has the 'remove hidden Mac files' feature automatically running when saving to removable media such as USB.
We love CIM, but are not forcing you to own both programs!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"