Essentials Program

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Amyfaw
Essentials Program

Post by Amyfaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Does the Essentials software include fonts for lettering? And will I be able to use the fonts I have already downloaded? Thanks!

SewingSylph

Re: Essentials Program

Post by SewingSylph » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

It does, and you can (to some degree). I was a beta tester and then an immediate purchaser of both software and fonts. There are 12 fonts in Essentials and 15 fonts in the separate pack. You can import any pattern, whether letters or images. What you're unable to do though (based on my efforts) is use your own letters with the built-in monogramming function. However, because designing is so easy, you could mimic any monogram style plus combine elements to customize your work fully. My gift recipients keep complimenting what I made using Embrilliance.

sandimacd

Post by sandimacd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 pm

hi SewingSylph,
What do mean by, "you could mimic any monogram style plus combine elements to customize"?
Are you talking about digitizing "any monogram style"?
It sounds like you tried merging the built in EE monogram with a purchased non-EE font and that didn't work for you. Or do you mean you can merge a purchased monogram frame and purchased letters to form a customized monogram in EE?
Sandi in MT
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

SewingSylph

Post by SewingSylph » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:38 pm

@ sandimacd

The latter, to answer your question. From my own use -- and I'm an EE software novice like many others -- you can (1) use only Create Letters/Letters/Merge Design functions alone; (2) use Create Letters/Letters functionality then Merge Stitch File to add your own embellishments; (3) Import your own designs and use the Merge Design frames; or (4) import all of your own fonts, embellishments and designs via Merge Stitch File then manually position each element. In other words, the built-in lettering function only works with the official fonts. I've been making some really great things using each combination.

sandimacd

Post by sandimacd » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks, I've been able to do that too!
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...