enlarging a design

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Kat
enlarging a design

Post by Kat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 am

I'm new to essentials and can't find where to enlarge a design that I've imported from my collection. When I select the design, squares appear that can be moved to enlarge or change the shape. Is there a way to enlarge in a uniform manner? Thanks.

Kat

Re: enlarging a design

Post by Kat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:28 am

Let me say how easy it is to enlarge proportionately.....just hold dow the shift key while on one of the black squares. ( I kept trying to do something with the lock box which had proportional scaling on it or I also tried to change the percentages. If either of these methods also scale, I never figured it out.) Guess my mind was too foggy late last night. Is this part of the program like sizeworks? And are you saying I can rescale a design from say Emblibrary larger by 250% and down by 50%.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 am

Yes, you got it. It resizes with recalculation. Proportional is by holding the shift key and dragging the handles.
If you have something selected, the size is displayed under the toolbar. Yes, you can change size there and hit 'Enter'.
Just that easy! Have a great weekend, Kat!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

sandimacd

Post by sandimacd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Is there a recommended range? I have always read that I should be able to resize 8% in either direction and it should turn out fine. And that some designs can handle up to 15%. Are you saying EE can handle something like 50% and it will still stitch out? That would be amazing!
Sandi in MT
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi,
Yes, the stitches get recalculated. There are a few caveats to sizing embroidery; things like cross-stitch designs and freestanding lace may not hold up so well, but most regular designs can be recalculated very well.

The 8% is if you just enlarge a design without recalculating stitches.

You may have seen sizing programs? One is built-in to Essentials.
Enjoy!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"