download

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Jackie Parr
download

Post by Jackie Parr » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 pm

I just downloaded essentials on a Mac. I thought there was a trial or example to try. It is asking for my user name which came up automatically, now it wants a password. It doesn't except the one from the Embrilliance website. Is there not a trial for this. Help. I wanted to see if there was a browse of designs and how they displayed. Jackie

Admin
Site Admin

Re: download

Post by Admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:20 pm

We're working on more in Express. Hang in there. Meantime, please visit the help, which you can view from the downloads page. In the help, which you can view online or as a pdf you can see a screenshot of the merge window, which let's you browse all your folders, including .zipped files.
Welcome to the forum!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Finally just purchased it. Had trouble downloading, but it finally did. I can get to the merge page, but my embroidery file does not show up to the left. Is there a way I can add my embroidery file to the list at the left. It is the document file, which does show up, but I can't open in that page. I tried to merge a design and it saved to my embroidery file. My son set up the Mac for me over Christmas (he was here from out of state for 4 days) and we moved all my files from old pc. I am set up with fusion, but was hoping this would be easier to use. I guess your instructions are not quite detail enough for me. I am unfamiliar on how to use the mac. Thanks Jackie

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm

I have a huge embroidery file of my own I guess I should have said I would like to browse with this. How do I do this.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Click the button on the far right of the toolbar. That opens up the browse. Since you are new to Mac, you'll need to learn some basics, such as clicking on the 'disclosure triangles' that open folders level-by-level. This is like the + buttons in Windows.

Remember, it is showing what you have on your computer, so there isn't any 'add'. Just look where your files are.

And have patience. A new computer takes time to learn. If you can, spend some time with a Mac Genius at a Mac store. If you don't have one, there are many books on the Mac, and they are a good investment. I even got my wife, Tonya one.

Also look at the help:
http://embrilliance.com/Help/Essentials ... lp_Mac.htm
Go to the section, "Merge Stitch File".

And please don't forget to consider our Thumbnailer utility, which makes viewing designs even easier.
There's also our other product at MacEmb.com, Convert It, Mac. If you've ever seen Designer's Gallery or BuzzExplore, this is sorta similar but for Mac.

Have fun!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh, and since you have fusion, there might be some confusion - your documents might be in your Windows folders. I don't know enough about Fusion to know if you can share a folder, but maybe someone else here can help. We're used to Parallels which runs Windows simultaneously and you can see files from both Mac and Windows.

The good news is that you CAN install Embrilliance products on both your Windows side and your Mac side. This will help while you get acclimated.
Once you do, as many Mac users will attest, you may never want to use Windows again.
But the choice (in fact you don't HAVE to chose) is yours. Your new program works in both places.
:-)

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:20 pm

THanks for telling me about the triangles. I was clicking on the document name, instead and not getting anywhere. Yes, my files are shared in a file on the Mac side and the fusion side. Didn't know if that was causing a problem. Is there a way to cancel a design you are working on. It looks like it saves it as a BE anyway, or do you just need to go into your file and delete those from there. I don't really want to save files I am just playing around with. I do have them saving to my Embroidery file (not sure how I did that). I have the help file up and keep going back and forth to it. Just doesn't answer all my questions. And not sure how to write a design to my card writer. Right now it is specified to the pc side.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Is there a way to cancel a design you are working on
When it asks you if you want to save it, click 'No'.
And not sure how to write a design to my card writer.
You can't do that from Essentials or on a Mac without Windows at this time.

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 pm

You mean I can't send a design to my compact flash card from Essentials.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:31 pm

You can if it shows up as a drive letter. But that is entirely dependent on your machine. For instance Janome 350E uses a memory card that fits in a USB adaptor and that in turn shows up as a drive letter. You can save right to it.